PDA

View Full Version : Firefox logging me out of Ubuntu 10.10 when loading photos

OBIEKTYWNY
December 26th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Hello there.
I'll try to find some bug on launchpad.net, and searching web without success.
My problem is continuity logging out, when I open (loading) some photos (facebook or my ftp photo files) in Firefox.

My hardware is ThinkPad (IBM/Lenovo) T60 laptop with CoreDuo (32bits) and ATI x1400
Ubuntu 10.10 i386
Kernel 2.6.35-24-generic

Any help needed, because it's frustrating, so much.

PS
Which information I should to show to recognize this problem?

Thanks you in advance.

Casper35th
December 27th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Try Google Chrome?

rtimai
December 27th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Are you sure you are being logged off? I may be wrong, but equally possible, I think, is that your Firefox security settings are merely requesting authorization. Photo-sharing sites are high vulnerability attack points. If so, this is a protection for your safety, which you should not override.

PC World: 17 Most Dangerous Places on the Web

http://www.pcworld.com/article/206107/the_17_most_dangerous_places_on_the_web.html

OBIEKTYWNY
December 27th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Are you sure you are being logged off?

Yeap, I have black screen (some like X crash) for a while and then X start again, showing me login scren. When I choose my account and enter password, then I start new session, with lost any settings of last working programs.

Thanks for the link.

rtimai
December 27th, 2010, 08:56 PM
You are not being logged off. The system is crashing and automatically restarting. Repeated crashes expose potentially critical data on your system and may be exploited to gain control of your computer. I can't help you with this, but you should stop what you're doing, and find out more about what is happening.

OBIEKTYWNY
December 29th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks for advice, that may be truth, because sometimes I search about inconvenient things. Hopefully, I think my problem is more like this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1041488
but, after all these two concepts aren't mutually exclusive!

rtimai
December 30th, 2010, 06:04 AM
OBIEKTYWNY, LOL, searching for inconvenient things! Java crashes themselves may be accidental, but the point is crashes can create an opportunity for bad people to gain access to critical data on your machine. Good luck with solving your issue. Stay safe, and have a happy new year!