PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mac-sided buttons on other Gnome themes?

bobmatino17
December 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well, i just installed Ubuntu Ultimate, and I found a theme I really liked that goes by the name "Azenis". However, I like the button arrangement on the default theme. Is there anyway to get the buttons on the left side of the screen, but still keeping the same look? I uploaded two screenshots just in case there is any confusion on the topic. (The blueish theme is Azenis, the default looking one is well, the default theme.)

mcduck
December 26th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Sure, and rather easily as well.... ;)

Hit Alt-F2 and run "gconf-editor". Then use it to browse to apps/metacity/general, and change the "button_layout"-key to "close,minimize,maximize:"

The problem with doing this with the theme you are using is that it will simply reorder the buttons and move them to different place, it won't flip the images used in the theme. As the buttons in your theme are quite different from each other, the theme probably won't end looking very nice. For a good result with that kind of theme you'd have to edit the theme itself, and flip the images to fit the new layout using Gimp or some other image editor...

haircat
December 26th, 2010, 04:00 PM
You can do that with ubuntu tweak easily.

haircat

bobmatino17
December 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you for your help, by any chance do you know where the image files are stored so I can flip them?

mcduck
December 26th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Thank you for your help, by any chance do you know where the image files are stored so I can flip them?

Depends on how you got that theme.

If it came included by default with Ultimate, then you should find it in /usr/share/themes.

And if it's something you've installed yourself, you'll find it in ~/.themes.

bobmatino17
December 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Thank you again for your help.