PDA

View Full Version : hey people, sup My Asus G1S motherboard got fried twice

Lukasz Tarkowski
December 26th, 2010, 02:17 AM
hey people, sup My Asus G1S motherboard got fried twice, I have now Asus N50VN series laptop. I got this as a gift. Ubuntu works great on the new laptop. Since Vista was installed I didn't bother installing Windows 7. Vista 32 bit works great with Ubuntu as well, just my old laptop was having a breakdown that's why Vista there went nuts. New laptop has Nvidia Geforce 9650M GS : VRAM 1 GB, 2.50ghz 2.50 ghz processors, I will install Windows 7 64 Bit soon and Ubuntu 64 Bit as well soon, now I got 32 bit heh

Windows Nerd
December 26th, 2010, 02:24 AM
How do you fry a motherboard twice? I thought motherboards were pretty much dead if they had just one thing wrong with them.

Lukasz Tarkowski
December 26th, 2010, 02:39 AM
The first time I used it stopped working under warranty, then after 2 years crashed again. Asus G1S, most people are having problems with that modem.

Khakilang
December 26th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Have you try using a voltage stabiliser? That could make your motherboard live longer. I have been using my computer for 4 years now and still as fit as a fiddle.

inobe
December 26th, 2010, 06:06 AM
laying them on a blanket, mattress, couch, anything that will block the air ducts will kill a laptop, i replace lappy mobo's all the time, it's great business.

Lukasz Tarkowski
December 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Well, now I have a new laptop and hope it will work better and longer. It has far better parameters then the old one, alot of people have problems with Asus G1S by the way read on forums