PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fresh Ubuntu 10.10 install radeon hd driver problems?

Boddie
December 26th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Hello there!
I am new to Ubuntu for the most part, but have done a lot of research on this OS. I just freshly installed version 10.10 32 bit, and the first thing I did was follow this (http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Maverick_Installation_Guide#Unsupported_Har dware_Watermark) tutorial on installing the drivers for my HIS Radeon HD 6850. I really want to get this drivers working so I can use the 3D effects on this OS.

When I type fglrxinfo I receive:

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 136 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
Serial number of failed request: 14
Current serial number in output stream: 14

When I type aticonfig I get:

aticonfig: No supported adapters detected

The proprietary driver was never installed so I know that driver is not interfering. Originally the aticonfig was not found at all but with a little troubleshooting from the link above It seems to work, but obviously not recognize the card. The card works great on my windows 7 setup. If I can't get this working I may just remove Ubuntu all together, but any help would be amazing!

tcchris
January 9th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I have a 5550 and the same problem. I am using the radeon driver now but it is a bit slow