PDA

View Full Version : Talk about bad luck

ki4jgt
December 25th, 2010, 03:20 AM
So, I buy wireless headphones two days later, I'm picking up my neighbor's wireless baby monitor :-( Now I've got lifetime playing in my head 24/7. I heard about most of their Christmas presents, their days plans and everything else all while trying to hear my music.

sisco311
December 25th, 2010, 04:17 AM
oh, you know the good old, but mostly non-existent, saying: you hear it, you can't un-hear it. right?

Khakilang
December 25th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Maybe there is a way to change the frequency. Now you know what your neighbour is up to.

ki4jgt
December 25th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Maybe there is a way to change the frequency. Now you know what your neighbour is up to.

The headphones have a scan button but the base has nothing to that effect :-)

Khakilang
December 25th, 2010, 05:04 AM
What a bummer. Headphone are for private listening without disturbing other people. Luckily you didn't hear other creepy voice. That would be scary.

ki4jgt
December 25th, 2010, 05:15 AM
What a bummer. Headphone are for private listening without disturbing other people. Luckily you didn't hear other creepy voice. That would be scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw70E71G8Z8 Definatly not wanting to hear anything like this :-)

nowin4me
December 25th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Wireless headphones seem to like to pick up stuff, twice now I somehow picked up a radio station once while the audio jack wasn't plugged in and once when it was.

As for baby monitors, have yet to pick up them, and if I do the base has another frequency I can listen to it on. Can't you either return the headphones or ask your neighbours to change their frequency?

The whole point of headphones is privacy or in my case not waking up the rest of the house.

treesurf
December 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Ask your neighbors to change their frequency maybe.

ki4jgt
December 25th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Ask your neighbors to change their frequency maybe.

I thought about that, but when I unplugged my base for about 5 mins the frequency must have changed or something, b/c I'm no longer picking up my neighbors unless I press scan on the headphones :-) I wouldn't exactly call this privacy though :-) More like a private broadcast frequency which every house in the neighborhood can hear. Some things still need to remain private with a direct connection to the computer LOL

Lucradia
December 25th, 2010, 09:16 AM
This is why I love wired headphones.

ki4jgt
December 25th, 2010, 09:42 AM
This is why I love wired headphones.

Situations like this, just show why wired, trusted connections (which require more work) are still around and haven't yet triumphed over wireless insecure ones

Which is why I got these particular headphone :-) They also allow you to use a m/m audio cord to plug directly into the audio in port on the headphones. Not to mention they're cans, so they drop the surrounding audio greatly. Don't know what I would ever do without them,

zer010
December 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I've been wondering when quality Bluetooth headphones will ever be widely available in stores. :-k

Lucradia
December 25th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I've been wondering when quality Bluetooth headphones will ever be widely available in stores. :-k

I'd rather have digital wired headphones. by the way, anyone know where to get them? They would hook up into the orange, black/whatever hookups.

matt_symes
December 25th, 2010, 12:24 PM
The voices. The noises. Stop the voices. Stop the voices in my headphones. Argghhh. ;)

FatherChristmas
December 25th, 2010, 04:49 PM
So, I buy wireless headphones two days later, I'm picking up my neighbor's wireless baby monitor :-( Now I've got lifetime playing in my head 24/7. I heard about most of their Christmas presents, their days plans and everything else all while trying to hear my music.

Hi,
Next year please write to me c/o North Pole and don't order from the CIA/FBI surplus shop next time.

msrie
December 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Some wireless headphones have a switch for different freq just in case.

kgarbutt
December 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hey k, I am sorry about your problem but you have to admit -- that is funny. Return them back to the store because of interference, and pick up another set. Or you just might keep them too & always know what your neighbors are up to. To funny.

matt_symes
December 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
@FatherChristmas.

Shouldn't be busy today? On today of all days :p

FatherChristmas
December 25th, 2010, 05:39 PM
@FatherChristmas.

Shouldn't be busy today? On today of all days :p

Just finished and got back to the North Pole for some Happy Ubutu-ing, and a little rest before starting to make presents for next year!!:p

Vi3tHoneyX
December 25th, 2010, 10:49 PM
That happened to me too! However, I was not as perserverant as you and switched back to my plain old plug in headphones about 10 min later... I'm glad you figured it out! ^_^ <3

ki4jgt
December 25th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to take them back. They are getting annoying fast.