PDA

View Full Version : Bye

SiHa
December 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Just wanted to drop by and say goodbye.

I first started playng with Mythbuntu/MythTV back in early 2008. I quickly got hooked, and within 6 months had a 3-tuner backend in the loft with two frontends. Despite protestations fom the missus, I might add.
I have learnt a great deal about Linux in the process, which is a good thing, but I finally got to the point where I could no longer be bothered to defend it when I got home from work to find the Backend had gown down (again), nor to delve around trying to patch it up.

So I've bought a Humax. I has a some faults, and I do miss some of the functionality of MythTV, but it works.

Last night I finally trashed the install on the backend to make way for a fresh install of 10.04 and turn the box into a NAS so I can stream to the XBMC box (repurposed Mythtv frontend) in the lounge.

...and spent the next two hours trying to get the bloody thing to have a static IP and get SAMBA up and running with broken packages.

Anyway. It's been fun. Thanks to all those in this forum who have helped. Maybe I'll be back in a couple of years...

stevanbt
December 27th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear you've dropped Mythbuntu. Maybe see you back some time.

Ta, Steve.