View Full Version : [ubuntu] using 2 computers to host 1 website

December 24th, 2010, 12:58 AM
how do i use 2 computers to host 1 website? i have one of them running fine, and i just got the other one to use as well. one of them is completely configured without any problems(I have been hosing a website for about 2 strait years with it).

also, I have a dynamic IP because the idiot ISP's wont give me a static. I am using Dyn DNS.

thanks in advance.

December 24th, 2010, 04:04 AM
a little confused on your intent. 2 computers and 1 web site? that leaves quite a bit for you to explain. do you want to host a sub domain on another server? do you want to host a sub folder on another server? a little help?

December 24th, 2010, 04:08 AM
As stated, not sure what your end game is? Are you looking for the extra horsepower from two cpu's and the extra ram and hdd space?

December 24th, 2010, 10:01 AM
If it is for redundancy and failover or load balancing, Google Apache Failover Cluster.

December 24th, 2010, 08:35 PM
well, what i would like to do is somehow boost the speed of the server by using 2 at the same time. I.E: sharing CPU speed.

Edit: what Croon said ( i think thats your name)

December 25th, 2010, 04:46 AM
well it depends on your hardware and current usage...
if one machine is good you will just need to tweak it or to split the load in a so called "good" way.