PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [Help] Installing ubuntu 10.4 LTS Desktop Edition On Win 7

XuanHung_Cntt
December 23rd, 2010, 08:58 AM
I have got a cd ubuntu 10.4 LTS Desktop Edition! I want install it in side window 7. Please help me install

theasprint
December 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hi,

There are 2 options for you. Either the Wubi installation or the Original installation.

The Wubi installation actually has more problems now comparing with the Original installation.
So recommended the Original installation.

Also it is recommended that you are installing it on another partition so that your Windows 7 partition would be less affected if things go wrong.

However I am not sure if there are problems about the grup update for Original side-by-side installations because so far it only affects Wubi installations (which is why most preferred installation is the Original one).

Therefore you should still wait for an expert to consult.

However for the time being, go get a DVD and burn the .iso file into the DVD.
Boot from the DVD, and Try Ubuntu without installation.
If there are no problems, then while in the Ubuntu "Trial", go and get your copy of the .iso file and plug in the USB or make it appear somewhere so that you can navigate to it.
Then check your MD5SUM: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

If the MD5SUM is ok, then it shows that your .iso file is not corrupted and should have no problems during installation.

However if you have a problem while following my steps, post the problem here.