PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Full screen difference vbox and real

BorgInPrague
December 22nd, 2010, 05:35 PM
I am a ubuntu newbie. I have two instances of ubuntu / one running on a Sony Vaio and one as a guest in a Virtual Box.

When I access the systems over Remote Desktop and invoke full screen I get two different results:

1] Guest VB Ubuntu displays nicely over the whole screen
2] Sony based Ubuntu displays in the lower left corner (the rest of the screen is empty white)

I would appreciate pointers to documentation where I can read how to get a true full screen display of remote desktop (gnome)

Thanks

Kirboosy
December 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Are you using the standard Ubuntu Remote Desktop as the 'server'?

BorgInPrague
December 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Are you using the standard Ubuntu Remote Desktop as the 'server'?
Yes, I am

Kirboosy
December 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
I bet its a Remote Desktop Client issue. Try changing the video settings on the client and see if that changes anything. I've never had an issue with scaling like that...

BorgInPrague
December 22nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
I bet its a Remote Desktop Client issue. Try changing the video settings on the client and see if that changes anything. I've never had an issue with scaling like that...

It does the same thing in vncviewer,chicken of vnc and the ubuntu native vnc client.

Kirboosy
December 22nd, 2010, 08:15 PM
Do you have your video settings set to Fullscreen on the clients?

Another program you could try is TeamViewer. It is free and it isn't open source but it is easier to configure...

http://teamviewer.com/index.aspx

TeamViewer is also good if you need to give someone assistance remotely. It takes absolutely no setup unlike VNC or TightVNC etc...

BorgInPrague
December 22nd, 2010, 11:00 PM
I am already using TeamViewer, but thanks anyway.