PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Two Old Portable DVD Players?

corrytonapple
December 22nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
I have two old DVD players with different screen sizes, and one has a broken port where the power supply should go in, and the other just does not work. ;). I hate to see them sit around, so I was wondering what you guys think I should do with them. No fixing or throwing them away. Also, I have never done something like this before, so it would be a project. Maybe get the LCDs and Speakers out of them....... IDK.

Spice Weasel
December 22nd, 2010, 04:20 PM
badass laser gun

corrytonapple
December 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
badass laser gun
LOL. That might me interesting. :-k

sydbat
December 22nd, 2010, 04:29 PM
badass laser gunYou forgot to mention attaching it to the head of a shark. Friggin awesome!!

Grenage
December 22nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
I agree; you could use prisms to combine and focus the lasers - then rig it to a tripod on your roof, and set alight the Christmas trees in distant orphanages.

It's unlikely to work, and decidedly immoral... but it's an option.

Spice Weasel
December 22nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
I was actually being serious. I have a friend who did make a laser out of the DVD player, but the most it could do was blind small animals (NOT saying this happened) and burn paper. Was very cool.

realzippy
December 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Seriously serious?
Prefer burning orphan's christmas tree than blinding animals... :o

realzippy
December 22nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
But seriously:
Years ago I got mad with those not real fast battery driven capuccino creamers.Slaughtered an old cdrom drive,took the motor (dammed small and fast with ~ 6 V) and an old powersupply from a mobilphone...
best milkcream ever...and still in use.

corrytonapple
December 24th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I will take it apart and see what I can do. Anyone else?