PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit of fun

manfromthezoo
December 22nd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Just wondered if any fellow 'buntu heads would take a look at my latest...er...film.

Be good to show the large video gobblers just how many Ubuntu users are out there consuming their media. Drive those stats, etc.

Forget 'America's Next Top Model'. Forget 'Britain's Next Top Model'. Canadian fashion supremo Moss De Luca provides us all with style and diet tips for the winter. But will a surprise arrival make it all count for nothing? Watch on to find out.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e64f2222bc/moss-de-luca-in-oh-snap

A little NSFW due to naughty words. Don't forget to vote 'Funny' if you like it ;)

There's plenty more on the channel if you like this. I sometimes use open source software in my prep pipeline, so there is an Ubuntu angle here!

What video tools are people using on Ubuntu to 'get stuff done'?

ki4jgt
December 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Just wondered if any fellow 'buntu heads would take a look at my latest...er...film.

Be good to show the large video gobblers just how many Ubuntu users are out there consuming their media. Drive those stats, etc.

Forget 'America's Next Top Model'. Forget 'Britain's Next Top Model'. Canadian fashion supremo Moss De Luca provides us all with style and diet tips for the winter. But will a surprise arrival make it all count for nothing? Watch on to find out.

A little NSFW due to naughty words. Don't forget to vote 'Funny' if you like it ;)

There's plenty more on the channel if you like this. I sometimes use open source software in my prep pipeline, so there is an Ubuntu angle here!

Kdenlive has been compared to Sony VAGAS. Don't know if it's true or not :-)

manfromthezoo
December 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
Kdenlive has been compared to Sony VAGAS. Don't know if it's true or not :-)

That's good to know, thanks. I'm not opposed to building my own dedicated Ubuntu-based video editing box, if I can find the right mix of software etc to provide an end-to-end solution.

manfromthezoo
December 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Does anybody know of any really good effects / titling software for Linux?

manfromthezoo
January 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM
In case anyone finds this thread, I recently discovered DVD Styler. I needed a quick, no-frills DVD with menu and this fit the bill perfectly.

Just FYI.

ki4jgt
January 14th, 2011, 02:40 PM

OK, this is just very creepy. No funny to it :-( IMO