PDA

View Full Version : [other] Do HP laptop batteries fit into Acer laptop battery slots?

brawnypandora0
December 22nd, 2010, 06:55 AM
My Acer Aspire 3000 is a very power hungry laptop according to what I read on the web. Why is this considering I only have 512 MB DDR RAM and a 1.8 Ghz processor? The battery lasted 55 minutes when I bought it but only four minutes now.

I heard that some new laptops have battery lives of up to six hours. If I buy one of those batteries, will it fit into my laptop?

JBAlaska
December 22nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
It does sound like your battery is broken. My Acer 6920 gets about 2 hours MAX, but it's a monster and more like a desktop replacement with built in UPS lol.

You can get replacement batteries with more capacity than your stock one, possibly a 9 cell model.

On google search, I see for your 3000, you can get a 8 Cell, 4400mah, 14.80v, Li-ion for about $26.00 USD Here (http://www.amazon.com/4400mah-Replacement-Laptop-Battery-Travelmate/dp/B000YZOYV2)

At that price you could buy 2 and have more battery life that getting one Extended Capacity, 9 cells, 7200mAh model, that only seems to be available on the Acer 3030 and up.

theasprint
December 22nd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Hi,

Are you crazy. NEVER install a battery not suited for the Laptop's type. NEVER.

If you own an Aspire 3000, then you should only buy the batteries suited for Aspire 3000!

From your problem just now, I think that you have a bad battery.

Indeed, your computer is power hungry, (if you say so) but if you think its time to change (indeed its time) then go get another battery from ACER!

*Please use the original battery suited for that laptop model, or the difference between the voltage output can screw up your motherboard.

brawnypandora0
December 22nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Why does it have to be from Acer? Why can't I get the same volt battery from another brand? Since there are so many different laptops, do computer stores have ALL of the replacement batteries? I don't own a credit card so I can't buy it online.

brawnypandora0
December 22nd, 2010, 07:25 AM
What's the difference between a broken battery and a used up battery? When I start up my laptop, I get a message that says 15% of my battery is remaining.

theasprint
December 22nd, 2010, 07:33 AM
Hi,

Ok when you first got your laptop, you are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to charge it about 8-12 hours.

If it says 15%, its either you haven't charge it or its spoilt.

And there is no difference between a broken battery and a used up battery, they are all crap and not to their full potential.

And if you would like to order a battery, just go and order from the nearest ACER distributor or call their line to ask for delivery.

wep940
December 22nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Let's put this to rest: your battery is no good - call it broken, call it worn out, call it what ever you want, it is no good. Replace it, but replace it **ONLY** with a battery that says it is made for your make and model of laptop. It's not just voltage/wattage and number/location of pins. You can be talking a fire hazard, even a potential explosion.

brawnypandora0
December 22nd, 2010, 07:38 AM
The Acer website says my laptop battery is supposed to only last about one hour. So even if I buy a new battery, it'll still last one hour right? Isn't there some generic brand that will give me six hours?

theasprint
December 22nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
Hi,

Yeah nice one wep940. All about the threats posed.

Just get your battery model (get the code, the combination etc for that exact battery model) and then go and order another one! There should be a sticker or notification on the battery about its model somewhere.

prat22
December 22nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Hi,

Are you crazy. NEVER install a battery not suited for the Laptop's type. NEVER.

If you own an Aspire 3000, then you should only buy the batteries suited for Aspire 3000!

From your problem just now, I think that you have a bad battery.

Indeed, your computer is power hungry, (if you say so) but if you think its time to change (indeed its time) then go get another battery from ACER!

*Please use the original battery suited for that laptop model, or the difference between the voltage output can screw up your motherboard.

Exactly!! Never put a battery which is not suited!! It is best to first find out the specifications your battery has, and then look for one similar. If two batteries (may be of different make) has the same specs, you may then install it!! But before buying it, be sure that it fits into your battery slot. many manufacturers has their own slot pattern, and products of other make would not fit in. So, I recommend you to first confirm it fits into your laptop..:D

brawnypandora0
December 22nd, 2010, 07:50 AM
Do computer stores allow you to bring your laptop to see if the battery fits?

theasprint
December 22nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hi,

Perhaps your PC is not supposed to last that long.

But if you really want to extend its life, you can get an 8 cell battery. There may be even more-celled batteries in ACER's production.

But you must first consider if it is worth it to get an 8 cell battery when your original one is 6 cell. I think it doesn't make much difference, at most another 20 mins of power?

wep940
December 22nd, 2010, 10:14 AM
Do computer stores allow you to bring your laptop to see if the battery fits?

You really seriously need to understand that it isn't a matter of fit. It's not the same as going to the store and buying an AA battery because it fits. It's a matter of compatibility and that is a COMPLETELY different thing. *DO NOT* just go somewhere and try plugging batteries into your laptop. You really don't understand what people are telling you, but PLEASE BELIEVE US - we are only looking out for your good. BUY A BATTERY THAT IS SPECIFICALLY LISTED AS COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR LAPTOP.