PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Customize the Lock Screen?

jbsoum
December 22nd, 2010, 04:04 AM
I was wondering if there was a way to customize the screen that asks for my password after the computer has been locked.

It's just a black screen with a little window for my password. It just seems liek there should at least be a background image or something.

FA-MAS
December 26th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I'd like to know this too. All I can get is the little box itself to have a background image. I'd actually like the black area behind it to have the image instead.

stinkeye
December 27th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Try xtrlock.
It turns the mouse pointer into a padlock and disables the mouse and keyboard while still being able to see the desktop.
I use this in combination with with the compiz screensaver plugin as my lock screen.

You could also enable lock screen when screensaver is active in screensaver preferences and use

gnome-screensaver-command --activate
as your lock screen command.

FA-MAS
December 31st, 2010, 10:51 AM
I think maybe we're looking for a way to do it with what's already part of ubuntu which i believe is gnome-screensaver

Wierd thing is that I have a theme that does change the background and makes the window tranparent. It looks like if you add a lock-dialog-default.gtkrc in /usr/share/gnome-screensaver/ that it will override what parts of the theme you tell it to. I just don't know what to put in it for it to override the background.

williamts99
November 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
xtrlock from the universe repos was the best option I have found. Check out the following post.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10457105&postcount=4