PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox issue after 10.04 upgrade

sambarusty
December 22nd, 2010, 02:55 AM
I have been at a loss to figure out what is wrong with firefox this time. But I updated to 10.04 because I was two updates behind and now I still have 1 issue I haven't figured out. It isn't huge, but just annoying. I can't print from firefox. I have a wireless printer hp officejet J4680, and get the following error in the messages log.

Dec 21 20:37:45 burgec-desktop kernel: [168305.449290] type=1503 audit(1292981865.203:52): operation="exec" pid=8503 parent=8502 profile="/usr/lib/firefox-3.6.13/firefox-*bin" requested_mask=":: x" denied_mask=":: x" fsuid=1000 ouid=0 name="/usr/bin/lpr"

Not sure what the translation for this is. This is what I get when I try to print from firefox. Opera works, office works, just doing an lpr command on something I had firefox save to a file works. So I don't think it is drivers, the update or anything else outside of something again ridiculous firefox doesn't have working yet. Anyone run into this or know where the patch is. I haven't been able to find anything. Have tried purging cups reinstalling. updating firefox etc. just nothing hit the target. Like I said firefox is the only thing not working. I can print from opera and office. So it isn't a printer problem as much as it is a firefox issue.

sambarusty
December 22nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Tried removing and reinstalling firefox also, but that didn't resolve the issue either.

sambarusty
December 22nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Guess the answer is just not to use Firefox. I just haven't been able to find a translation on that error, to determine what steps to take next.

sambarusty
December 30th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Just thought I would bump this and see if anyone else out there knows what the error is indicating. Thanks in advance.