PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with USB devices in virtualbox in ubuntu 10.10

allsystems
December 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
I have installed ubuntu 10.10 onto a usb flash drive. I then installed virtualbox and proceeded to install a windows xp inside the virtualbox. However now whenever I power on the virtual xp and plug in another usb drive with data on it dosent recognize it,it also dosent recognize my usb wireless adapter,any solutions to this?

sikander3786
December 21st, 2010, 08:56 PM
Which version of Virtualbox is there? If open-source, it doesn't support USB devices. You need to install the closed-source proprietary edition.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

allsystems
December 22nd, 2010, 04:16 AM
I have installed the PEUL version,the full version. i have gotent the usb flasg drive data on it to work by clicking devices usb then mount the flash drive.I am now having issues installing my usb wireless wlan adapter by clicking on devices usb then the adapter broadcom corp hp integrated module,i get the error failed to attch usb drive.i am running the virtualbox in windows 7 with the virtualbox operating system windows xp. i can use the wireless card in my laptop under normal windows 7 but not in the virtual xp,please help

allsystems
December 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
bump this thread,nobody can help?