PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Stacking time over date?

Splat_NJ
December 21st, 2010, 08:08 PM
I searched but I'm only finding about changing the format (12/18/10 vs 18/12/10, etc) so please help me out guys. What do I need to do to stack the time over the date in Ubuntu's tray? Thanks.

PhantmKllr
December 21st, 2010, 09:45 PM
Are you saying that you want the time to come first? You can't do this with the Gnome panel applet. However, the Date/Time applet in 10.10 will be replaced by an Ayatana (https://launchpad.net/ayatana) compatible applet in 11.04, which may solve the problem.

Splat_NJ
December 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM
I know I've seen it done, but can't find it anywhere so I may be mistaken. I want the time to appear over the date like this:

3:30pm
12/21/10

Thanks.

PhantmKllr
December 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Right click on the panel, then click "Properties". Then increase the size of the panel until the the clock/date is stacked.

Splat_NJ
December 22nd, 2010, 02:41 AM
Right click on the panel, then click "Properties". Then increase the size of the panel until the the clock/date is stacked.

That's not stacking them for me because this gives the time and date actually more space.

Splat_NJ
December 22nd, 2010, 03:07 AM
Isn't it funny how things happen? After searching all day for my answer I finally just now found it. Note: depending what size font you use you may have to increase the size of your panel. I had to change mine to 35 to fit this new time/date format.

Here is now what I use for my clock:

<sup><span rise="3000" font_desc="Times New Roman 12" color="green" weight="normal">%a %D</span></sup>%n<sub><span font_desc="Times New Roman 13" color="green" weight="bold">%I:%M%p</span></sub>

PhantmKllr
December 22nd, 2010, 05:57 AM
Alright then. Glad you found the answer to your problem.