PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome panels misaligned on boot

B.Hat
December 20th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I am having an issue where upon startup and login to a gnome session, the top and bottom gnome panels are half off-screen (shifted to the left) and lacking any of their usual buttons. The attached file Screenshot-1.jpg shows them in this state.

This is easy enough to fix just by holding the "Alt" key and dragging each panel to the side then back up to the top, which results in what I would like to have on boot, shown in the attached file Screenshot-2.jpg.

As an aside that may be pertinent, the video card I am using is a Matrox G550 which is capable of two monitors, but we are only using one.

This issue began from the very start of a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10. Why is this happening and how can I avoid it so as to not confuse all of the other users of this system each time it reboots??

PhantmKllr
December 21st, 2010, 04:54 AM
Does your GPU manufacturer supply Linux graphics drivers?

B.Hat
December 21st, 2010, 11:08 PM
Matrox does indeed offer drivers for Linux. I've got the most up to date drivers from them installed currently. The issue remains.

PhantmKllr
December 22nd, 2010, 06:00 AM
You may have to fall back on the Open Source drivers, then see if the problem persists.

PhantmKllr
December 22nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
You may have to fall back on the Open Source drivers, then see if the problem persists.

Sorry stupid answer. Have you had this issue in any other version of Ubuntu?