PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Oh no !

Poloski
December 20th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hey anyone !! I downloaded updates through system manager about 15 mins ago and the computer requested restart ..I did this and the usual choice of os appeared and I chose Ubuntu...it has now lost the ubuntu os & recvery mode etc ...everything was working fine and I was about to use ubunti full time untill now ! Anyone else experienced to advise me

theasprint
December 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Hi,

it has now lost the ubuntu os & recvery mode etc

Can you explain this?
What exactly do you see after choosing Ubuntu?

Poloski
December 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Hi the choice to use XP and ubuntu is there but once Ubuntu selected the screen does not show the recovert etc...

theasprint
December 20th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hi,

Ubuntu selected the screen does not show the recovert etc..

So what do you see?
Do you see a blank screen?
Or do you see the menu, but with no options in it?
Just tell me what you see there.

Poloski
December 20th, 2010, 02:16 PM
The system does not show the usual screen after the initial choice of UBUNTU and the goes back into the start up sequence

Poloski
December 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM
It was perfect and all was well untill updates I had just set up my email etc.. then checked update manager and now Ubuntu has been stopped from being accessed after being displayed as an option on the first black screen

Rubi1200
December 20th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Poloski,
I am going to answer the question here and not in the other place you also posted. In future, try to sort out one problem at a time before posting again.

From your description, you have a Wubi install.

See here for the issues and solutions:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198

If you need more help, let me know.

Poloski
December 20th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks I appreciate your response and will do as you suggest unfortunately I am not that savy technically but will do my best to follow your thread...

Rubi1200
December 20th, 2010, 03:39 PM
If you need help with anything there, ask me and I will walk you through it.