PDA

View Full Version : Spam reported and not removed with other removal...

robsoles
December 20th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Hi Guys,

I reported some link spam and I wrote a comment about it, it's in a conversation in a group:

http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1582

I'm stunned that the link-spam persists and my reply remarking about it has been removed. I don't care that my post was removed, I posted it in the expectation it would be taken down with the link-spam.

This makes it look like a moderator is basically supporting spam, I checked and the 'conversation' is available to me while I am logged out increasing my expectation that Google-Bot has easily seen the link spam and it is not formatted to disclaim link-credit.

I see the HTML of the links is using attribute target="_blank", does that qualify spam to remain in some/any parts of this forum? The HTML doesn't include the attribute rel="nofollow" so it is blatant link-spam and in case anybody reading doesn't understand, it is claiming that ubuntuforums.org supports the linked domains.

I don't want an explanation, please just apply the CoC and ditch that spam.

bapoumba
December 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Should be deleted now.
We do not support spam, do not worry :)

We keep spam threads in a section where search bots are not allowed. We keep them until I have some time to completely remove them. I usually leave a couple weeks worth of threads in case some glitch happened and a regular thread got sent there. This way, it can be retrieved if someone complains.