PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] after effects of Ubuntu ntebook 10 installation

aroog
December 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
hi,

i have installed ubunto netbook 10 on my laptop along with windows7. Ubuntu is installed in seperate drive.

when the installation was complete and the system restarted there was no option of ubuntu OS and windows 7 launched.

now i dont know how to start ubuntu os and the drive in which i have installed ubuntu is not visible.

please advise what needs to be done.

aroog
December 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
hi,

i have installed ubunto netbook 10 on my laptop along with windows7. Ubuntu is installed in separate drive.

when the installation was complete and the system restarted there was no option of ubuntu OS and windows 7 launched.

now i dont know how to start ubuntu os and the drive in which i have installed ubuntu is not visible.

please advise what needs to be done.

sikander3786
December 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM
You mean you are unable to boot either Windows or Ubuntu? Do you get an error at startup? Are you booting from the proper HDD?

In order to let us take a look at your boot setup, boot from an Ubuntu Live CD/USB and post the output of bootinfoscript as per instructions here.

http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net

While posting, click the # icon in post menu and paste your text in between the generated code tags.

Rubi1200
December 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Please use a LiveCD to boot the computer, choosing to try not install Ubuntu.

At the live desktop, download and run the boot info script linked at the bottom of my post (instructions included).

Post the results back here.

Thanks.

howefield
December 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Threads merged.