PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Wubi Not Loading When Computer Restarts?

Taco72
December 19th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Hey everyone so I'm new to Linux (well, might be if I can get this working), anyway I enjoy working with computers a lot and figured it's about time I tried out Linux to see what it was like. Of course I came across Ubuntu and went through the process of burning it onto a CD, that all worked.

However that's about all that did. When I put the disk in and tried the demo and full installation option (or something along those lines), and then restarted my computer, it came up to the start up screen, and asked me if I wanted to run Ubuntu or Windows Vista. So I chose Ubuntu it came to the motherboard screen or whatever and that's it. Nothing else happened, I waited for about 20-30 minutes and it was still there.

So that's my issue, I tried the second option about installing inside of windows but for some reason I just get an error message saying I can't do that whenever it finishes loading. I'm trying to install the latest version 10.10, my computer definitely has the memory for it all so if you have any suggestions or solutions if this happened to you, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if you feel you need anymore info to help solve this problem feel free to ask I'm sure I can answer it for you.

wilee-nilee
December 19th, 2010, 09:28 AM
So from a booted live Ubuntu cd or thumbdrive lets see the bootscript read out, in my signature just click on it and follow the instructions. Come back to the thread and click on the # in the reply panel this makes code tags paste all the text in between.

Taco72
December 19th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Heh, well i was looking through some trouble shooting this morning before I read you post and I think the problem was actually with the CD i was using. My bad, I still looked over your advice and if anything goes wrong again I'll check it out. Thanks a lot though anyway.