PDA

View Full Version : Software for Taxi Service business

rajnikhil
December 18th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Hi,

I've completely moved to Ubuntu with the release of 10.04. I was thinking if I can find some software that could be useful for a company that provides a Taxi (cab) service. I'm actually planning to start something similar and was hoping if I could find some software that could workout for the service I'm going to provide so that I don't have to switch back to windows and get into the fuss of licensing so many softwares like OS, office, anti-virus and the taxi s/w itself.

If any of you guys know of any such software, would you be kind enough to let me know.

Merry Christmas and thanks in advance:D

ki4jgt
December 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I don't know of any, but I could design some, if you'd like. I've been needing a weekend project. Unfortunately all I can program in is Windows, so you'd have to use WINE. If you have a Windows program in mind, why not try it on WINE first, then you won't have to reinstall Windows :-)

rajnikhil
December 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Hey thanks for that offer. I'm not sure how much of reliability and scalability wine offers (in case the venture takes off, fingers crossed, in which case there could good amount of load). So it would be great if the software directly installs on the OS.

This could possibly be your project i.e. learn programming in linux;) apart from creating the software.

ki4jgt
December 18th, 2010, 06:34 PM
You're Welcome :-) I'm learning Python, but I wouldn't trust myself to write a full program in it. LB the programming language I program in is getting ready to release a Linux version, so until then, I just stick with Windows

rajnikhil
December 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Cool, I still have like 1 to 1 and half months to go before my venture is realised. If the release of LibertyBASIC happens by then please let me know here, I'll grateful to you.

Until then I'll wait and see if anyone else around here know of some software I can use.[-o<