PDA

View Full Version : Oh I LIKE jolicloud!

cptrohn
December 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Might be the perfect netbook OS.... Really, really like this so far! Easy to use, like the way the app store is set-up... very nice.

Johnsie
December 18th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I love it too. I switched from Wubi to Jolicloud on my netbook. The designers at Jolicloud seem to be very good at what they do. It looks good, is fast and easy to use. It doesn't even feel like you are using Linux. The fact that it comes with Spotify and Boxee out of the box make it perfect for me. Version 1.1 is a good step forward... It seems that distro has some direction. Definitely one to watch.

cptrohn
December 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
It's awesome for my little Zotac netbook.... getting around 6 hours of battery life, Should be better when I get my SSD for it this Christmas.

kgarbutt
December 18th, 2010, 04:40 PM
You will probably like Google's Chrome OS too.

cptrohn
December 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM
You will probably like Google's Chrome OS too.

Last I heard they are not going to release Chrome OS on anything except Google products.. (well their official partners) I signed up for a Google notebook though, too lazy to compile chromium OS from source. LOL If there was an .ISO for it I would give it a try though. I only use the netbook for browsing and internet apps anyway.

tjeremiah
January 5th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Last I heard they are not going to release Chrome OS on anything except Google products.. (well their official partners) I signed up for a Google notebook though, too lazy to compile chromium OS from source. LOL If there was an .ISO for it I would give it a try though. I only use the netbook for browsing and internet apps anyway.

http://chromeos.hexxeh.net/

KdotJ
January 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I also really like Jolicloud, but is there a way to pin "Local Apps" on the main home dashboard? Because I use my netbook at uni and I do a fair bit of programming on it. I know that you can install whatever and also use it like a normal OS.
I guess what I'm after is just the interface lol

Dobbie03
January 6th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I like JC but I am finding the internet drops out all the time, I cant even use pidgin because of the connection.