PDA

View Full Version : What are your summer plans?

ncappel1
April 23rd, 2006, 04:59 PM
The school semester here at college is starting to wind down, and I've already nailed down some things that I am going to do for the summer.

my plans: School ends May 5th, I leave to go back to Italy May 10th. Plane stops in Paris where I will visit my semester-abroad-studying friend for a week. Then I take the train down to my town in italy and hand out with the family/friends, preparing to participate in a guitar festival in Koblenz, Germany. I 've never been to germany, so I am very excited about that! Hopefully I will do my best in the guitar competition. I go back to italy and hang out again until July 5th, whene I leave to come back to the usa. My girlfriends birthday is the 14th of july, after celebrating that, I will hopefully be able to drive to massachusetts to get a master-class lesson from the highly skilled guitar prof. at Mount Holyoke college, (friend of a friend whom I dog sat for, he owes me a lesson!) Move into the new apartment off campus here in lovely Ithaca, NY, (my first apartment) and starting school again in the end of August. the sacrifice: my family in italy doesn't have a computer, so I won't be able to get my Ubuntu fix for a full two months! whatever will I do!?

What are other people planning? tell us!

briancurtin
April 23rd, 2006, 06:08 PM
graduate in 2 weeks, then im taking 2 weeks off, then im starting the rest of my life with my new full time job. no more summer plans for me.

zachtib
April 23rd, 2006, 06:38 PM
my university goes year-round
woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo
:-(

Kimm
April 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear that zachtib.

I'll probably just stay here in sweden, work at the local miniature golf course (= sit back and relax), hang out with friends...

ssam
April 23rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
any one doing the google summer of code?

MethodOne
April 23rd, 2006, 11:10 PM
I am taking a communication class at the local technical college (http://www.gotoltc.edu) from June 1 to the end of July because I need to fill in my credits. Too bad it's at some smaller campus next to the job center. I hope I can use the laptop I'm typing this message on there.

Also I'm starting to build a computer. It will have the following specs:
-Athlon 64 3200+
-GeForce 6600GT
-250GB SATA hard drive
-2GB PC3200 RAM
-ASUS A8N-E mobo
-Ubuntu (of course)
-Lucent/Agere Winmodem (will be from my current Ubuntu box)
-Some white case

Since this is my first build, I'm going to use inexpensive parts.

Finally, I'm going to spend a week with my grandma in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It's going to suck because she lives in a remote area that none of the major dial-up ISPs service. That means no forums or di.fm Trance.

ChrisNTR
April 23rd, 2006, 11:31 PM
I head back from Manchester to Cambridge in just under a Month after my exams, I'm off to Austria for a walking holiday in July, hopefully I can blag a job in Fopp (http://www.fopp.co.uk) and spend the rest of it messing around with the pc learning random stuff like MySQL and whatever. :) Then back to Uni in September.

WildTangent
April 23rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
This summer, I plan to join the Canadian Army reserves, and when I'm not training, I'll be home on the computer, or out with friends.

-Wild

ChrisNTR
April 23rd, 2006, 11:46 PM
Friends, oh yeah.. I meant to put see my friends as well..:rolleyes: ](*,)

John.Michael.Kane
April 24th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Don't have any summer plans.....

woedend
April 24th, 2006, 01:57 AM
drop a few pounds, exercise much more(number 1 cure for depression for me), and get some sun.

openmind
April 24th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Get up, eat, go to work, work 12+ hours, leave work, come home. Eat, fiddle with comp, check news and forums, go to bed.

....................And the next day......................:rolleyes:

....................And the day after that..............:rolleyes:

Enjoy school.

adamkane
April 24th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Learn Ruby and Bash.

Develop my LAMP skills with oscommerce/ck-erp/paypal, and sell some goods online.

Learn about ERP at the Univ. of Washington business library.

Walk daily to the local grocery store.

super
April 24th, 2006, 02:23 AM
i am not in school but i am taking time off work this summer.
i'm going back to my home town in jamaica for three months.
if anybody wants me i'll be right here:

http://static.flickr.com/22/27410884_999d9ea525.jpg

and before you ask, yes!
yes i am trying to make you all jealous. :p

cleverselfreferentialname
April 24th, 2006, 02:38 AM
I've never gotten off the computer in my free time.....why start now? My friends always joke before break "Looking forward to a week of Linux?" so I will be looking forward to a summer of Linux.

zachtib
April 24th, 2006, 03:01 AM
i am not in school but i am taking time off work this summer.
i'm going back to my home town in jamaica for three months.
if anybody wants me i'll be right here:

http://static.flickr.com/22/27410884_999d9ea525.jpg

and before you ask, yes!
yes i am trying to make you all jealous. :p

wow....

/me feels the depression setting in

*think of the money, zach, just think of the money*

NetInsanity
April 24th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I would be so very banned if i revealed my plans. :P

futz
April 24th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Hahahahaha! You're not serious?!?

My summer plans are: work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work and after that, some more work.

All work and no play makes futz an insane boy... :evil:

NetInsanity
April 24th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Hahahahaha! You're not serious?!?

My summer plans are: work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work and after that, some more work.

All work and no play makes futz an insane boy... :evil:

I'm going to spend the entire summer on the French riviera so... yeah, i'd probably get banned if i told my explicit plans on this forum. ;)

Insanity... don't fight it, welcome it as it welcomes you. :evil:

Iandefor
April 24th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Rack up volunteer hours at AMRE (http://www.americanradiomuseum.org/site/index.html), sleeeeep, read books in the fine Summer outdoors while brushing beetles off my shirt, futz with Linux, and spend some time with my aunt and uncle in Spokane.

I might hang out with friends inbetween those, but more likely I'll be hanging out at a local coffeehouse, avoiding my mom.

briancurtin
April 24th, 2006, 07:16 AM
I would be so very banned if i revealed my plans. :P
you would not be banned. your post might be edited, but i dont think that would even be the case

Sushi
April 24th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Ho ho hum....

a) Build a personal server (well, this will propably take place before summer)

b) Maybe replace the Topfield PVR with MythTV-setup

c) Spend time in Mrs' familys summer-house, help fixing it up

d) as much R&R as possible.

beercz
April 24th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Work :-(

Stormy Eyes
April 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Hookers 'n blow.

Kimm
April 28th, 2006, 09:26 PM
As it seems... I wount be getting a job this summer <.<

I would aply to the summer of code, but aparently you have to be 18, next summer it is then...

I think I'll devote my summer to private OSS developement, I can bring my lappy to the beach xD!

Stormy Eyes
April 28th, 2006, 09:55 PM
What are other people planning? tell us!

The absolute destruction of church and state.

cstudent
April 28th, 2006, 10:10 PM
In the words of Mel Brooks in Blazing Saddles:

"Work, work, work"

NightwishFreak
April 28th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I'm going to get high as bawls and drink jack daniels in my new apartment. hell yeah!

Rule
April 29th, 2006, 04:58 AM
for summer im going to be getting this bad boy very very soon

http://cannonball-r.com/1023.html

:twisted:

briancurtin
April 29th, 2006, 05:06 AM
R32s have been my favorite since the beginning, i have always loved them and would take one over an R33 or R34. such a great car

Rule
April 29th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I like the R34 but i'm going to have to wait a very very very long time before I can get one, because to import a car (like the skyline) they need to be 15 years old :( but it's still a fun car the gts-t isnt so bad either, but it's gotta be a GT-R for me, I also found a right hand drive supra, but im sticking to the R32 :twisted:

neoflight
April 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM
learn fortran and python. make some drawings...thats my hobby...
format my laptop several times ...put the new dapper and learn much more...

and work from school...