PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard and mouse works on and off after ubuntu 10.10 update

TenEleven
December 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I am a new (noob) ubuntu user. I love ubuntu but at the same time having problems. NOTE: Please explain things step by step and detailed as possible for I am a windows 7 user :) ;).

Symptoms: After installing ubuntu 10.10 I am having problems with my laptop keyboard and wifi at login. At login, every time I input my password and hit any numerical, caps lock, shift (anything that is not alphabetical) my keyboard and trackpad dies on my laptop. I then have to painfully input my usb keyboard and mouse. I need some serious help mentally :) :). Ubuntu is driving nuts. I need detailed steps showing me how to solve this problem. I am running a:
Fujitsu Lifebook N6010
Pentium 4
1 GB Ram
installed on unallocated 30 gb with windows 7. (NOTE: installed not using wubi)

After the keyboard thingy and trackballz (yeah I said it, ballz) is solved, i will detail more information regarding the freaking wifi/slowfi. In fact, I might as well do it now.

Symptoms: Simply, doesn't login to wifi after the keyboard dies. Tried everything (I.E manually inputing SSID and password, changing VPN settings.) But please anyone please help me with the keyboard first. UBUNTU WHY HAVE U FORSAKEN ME!!!!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused: