PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue with activex control.

zadex
December 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I have an internal application that uses Activex control. Can anyone help me with installing activex for IE 7 installed with wine ( that would be spectacular ) or atleast mozilla firefox ?

Joe of loath
December 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.tatanka.com.br/

zadex
December 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM
that did not solve my issue, any other ideeas? :(

Joe of loath
December 17th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I'm afraid the only other real option is to install Windows in virtualbox.

zadex
December 19th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I have no license for using Windows, and the problem is that i am using it in a very big corporation, and in order to do that it will cost about ... 10000$, only for the license, that is a bit much. The problem is that i tested all these applications in a WMware machine with ubuntu 10.10. The parent SO was Windows, and they allw orked fine..

Joe of loath
December 19th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately there is no other way. The easiest way would be to use something other than activeX for the application, assuming you have that kind of leverage.

Laysan_A
December 19th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Have you looked at Play on Linux (there's another one,too, I forget the name of it [google]. It's a front-end for wine that helps with configuration. I don't recall if the use of active x is supported, but check it out. Who knows?

vashminted
December 20th, 2010, 07:32 AM
you should try CrossOver, it is an application that allows you to install some specific windows software, i.e photoshop, ms office, and actually IE7

but still i dont know if it supports activex

hope it can help you