PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wifi Indicator Won't Move in System Tray

RichieB07
December 16th, 2010, 08:59 PM
This could be in the wrong place, and I do apologise if it is. Please feel free to move it if it is in the wrong place.

My problem is that in the System Tray, my Wifi indicator won't move. It is stuck to the upper-right hand corner. When I right-click on it, there is no "Move" option. I provided a picture to show where it's stuck.

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 32-bit with a GNOME Environment. Thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/BrokenSilences07/examplewifi.png

Frogs Hair
December 16th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Hello and Welcome

Never mind , you have tried right click already.

Frogs Hair
December 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Try moving another applet into the corner , it normally will cause the one in the corner to move out .

coffeecat
December 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
You need to right-click on the notification area just to the left of the nm applet. You can just make it out on your screenshot (with the eye of faith). It's the three little horizontal lines.

RichieB07
December 17th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Try moving another applet into the corner , it normally will cause the one in the corner to move out .

I've tried that but nothing would move it, it was just stuck there.

You need to right-click on the notification area just to the left of the nm applet. You can just make it out on your screenshot (with the eye of faith). It's the three little horizontal lines.

I tried to and it wouldn't let me right-click on that area at all.

I guess I should have added this happened after I tried out the "Macbuntu" skin/theme/whatever it really is. And I guess the only way I could move it was to delete it and reposition it where I wanted it.

Dutch70
December 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM
"There is no option" to move it? Or the option to "move" is greyed out so you can't select it?

If it's the latter, then when you right click it, select "lock to panel" which will actually unlock it. If you're system looks like mine, it's difficult to tell if it's selected or not.

Also, If w/e is next to it is locked, you've probably got it blocked in & will have to unlock both.

Deleting it & putting it back can be a pain sometimes.

bowen.pi
December 18th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I'm just confirming coffeecat's suggestion.

RichieB07
December 18th, 2010, 10:33 AM
"There is no option" to move it? Or the option to "move" is greyed out so you can't select it?

If it's the latter, then when you right click it, select "lock to panel" which will actually unlock it. If you're system looks like mine, it's difficult to tell if it's selected or not.

Also, If w/e is next to it is locked, you've probably got it blocked in & will have to unlock both.

Deleting it & putting it back can be a pain sometimes.

There actually is no option at all to move it. And nothing around it is locked. I don't lock anything in case i want to move them around later. http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/BrokenSilences07/nomoveoption.png

Dutch70
December 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM
They are right, you're clicking the wrong area.

Right click an open space on the panel, select "add to panel" then add a notification area, right click and move it next to your network manager icon, then when you move it, the nm should move with it.