PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] It wont start after install routine

manura
December 16th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Hey folks,

I hope you can help me out here. Yesterday I installed (K)ubuntu via bootable DVD (And I use also Vista).

I only could install it with all the options deactivated. After that it told me to remove the DVD and restart. After that I see only a black screen with a white cursor and nothing happens. :(

When I choose Recovery-Mode i get this message and nothing happens:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1618/ubunturecoveymode.jpg (http://img217.imageshack.us/i/ubunturecoveymode.jpg/)

What does that mean? :D I'm a really Linux NOOB. :(

My system:

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 60 °C
Windsor 90nm Technologie

RAM
4.0GB Dual-Kanal DDR2 @ 375MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA69VM-S2 (Socket M2)

Grafic
Hanns.G HQ191 @ 1280x1024
512 MBGeForce 8600 GT (Undefined) 50 °C
ForceWare Version 169.25

Harddisk
313GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD321KJ ATA Device (IDE) 28 °C

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks
Manuel

3Miro
December 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I am not familiar with Kubuntu DVD (only the CD). Which version of Kubuntu is this (10.10, 10.04, 9.10 ... )

Which options did you deactivate? Do you remember?

What was the error when you tried to install with more options?

From the DVD, is there an option that says "Try without changes to your computer"

It is possible that you have some incompatibility with Linux. I had some bad experience with Kubuntu and drivers in the past, but I thought those issues were resolved. From what I see listed as your hardware, it doesn't seem like this is the problem (I used to run Kubuntu on very similar setup), but one never knows.

wilee-nilee
December 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
So from a booted live Ubuntu/Kubuntu cd or thumbdrive lets see the bootscript read out; in my signature just click on it and follow the instructions. Come back to the thread and click on the # in the reply panel this makes code tags paste all the text in between.