PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 771/671 PCIE VGA Display Adapter

narcisgarcia
December 16th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I'm trying to configure graphics with this dual display adapter in a "Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo mobile v5535" laptop with Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat).
The two problems I have now are: the lack of 2D acceleration and the moved+cropped image on external television. I'm still using the default vesa mode and cannot make difference between displays with gnome-display-properties.

I've tried to use the "sisimedia" driver (version 0.9-1) with the package provided by Dennis Schulmeister (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net/~linux-sis/), but fails to load with this error:

/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/sisimedia_drv.so: undefined symbol: resVgaIoShared

I've read in other forums that somebody solved the acceleration issue with Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) installing the version 0.9.1-2 of the sisimedia driver, but I neither find any 0.9.1-2 package nor the Mandriva source/repository to make a new .deb package.

Zli Zeka
July 2nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Anyone?

Update?