PDA

View Full Version : East vs West coast programming job market

WinterMadness
December 14th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Im just curious as to what some of your experiences have been if youve worked on the east coast and west coast. I would like to know the difference between the work you typically find, the atmosphere, the pay etc.

If youve only worked in one or the other, feel free to comment from your perspective as well.

I have two more years to go at university, possibly going to get my masters in CS, and this was just on my mind. I live on the east coast and I heard its mostly finance related and that all the really good money is in nyc. I dont know if my passion is really in finance

JDShu
December 14th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Im just curious as to what some of your experiences have been if youve worked on the east coast and west coast. I would like to know the difference between the work you typically find, the atmosphere, the pay etc.

If youve only worked in one or the other, feel free to comment from your perspective as well.

I have two more years to go at university, possibly going to get my masters in CS, and this was just on my mind. I live on the east coast and I heard its mostly finance related and that all the really good money is in nyc. I dont know if my passion is really in finance

NYC and MA have plenty of high tech firms. I have a friend who works at a startup in NYC, and the people I hang out with in MA are almost all software developers.