PDA

View Full Version : I got ink!

slackthumbz
December 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I finally grew a spine and stopped talking about getting a tattoo done and did it :) And now that it's done I really want to do more. My friends warned me that it might be addictive, I had no idea how right they were :D

pics straight after: http://www.thumbnail.org.uk/cgi-bin/archive/post/1292140141

and today after I removed the dressing: http://www.thumbnail.org.uk/cgi-bin/archive/post/1292250241

I'm already thinking about getting some work done around it to embellish the original piece :)

Spice Weasel
December 13th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Neato!

Don't go getting anything you'll regret at age 80. :p

slackthumbz
December 13th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Neato!

Don't go getting anything you'll regret at age 80. :p

heh, what I have in mind is a kind circuit board/biomech piece around it surround by what looks like tears in the skin. kind of terminator style :)

BeachBuddah
December 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I like the piece - congratulations

Remember Terminator was just a flick - Nerdlife is a state of mind...

Took me almost a decade to get what I thought I wanted - and no doubt almost 20 years after that I am still a satisfied customer. I wanted sleeves, a back piece, a chest piece after that first one, though I resisted the thought. Think on what Spice Weasel said...the tat man will still be there in 6 months if the piece is meant to be.

Just my input - though what you want as embellishments sound pretty cool!

Linye
December 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Nice.

I man up on October and got this

http://ubuntuone.com/p/MVw/

It was painful.

The Real Dave
December 13th, 2010, 09:35 PM
How long did that take?

I'm planning on getting a binary tattoo sometime in the future.

slackthumbz
December 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
How long did that take?

I'm planning on getting a binary tattoo sometime in the future.

About 20 - 30 minutes, it really wasn't too bad in terms of pain. The worst part was when the needle went over the tendon in the middle of my arm. That kinda burned a little ;) I intentionally picked a fairly sensitive area to get a good bearing of just how much pain I'd have to go through if I wanted any more done.

Evil-Ernie
December 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Congrats! :D Ive been meaning to get more (I only have 2) and I agree once you get bitten by the bug you do want more.

I have a tribal band on my upper arm which was done by a close friend of the family (family in our eyes) so has special signifiacnce.

My second is a 'band' tattoo on my leg, its a robot version of me playing my bass, our drummer has the same robot on his arm but playing the drums. Were are trying to convince the other 2 members of Not Rocket Science to have the same tattoos ;)

I have also promised to have the RAGE logo (my clubnight which I am really proud of) on my body somewhere and also I have said I will have my beloved Aston Villas badge on me if they get into the top 5 of the premiership (fat chance at the moment LOL!)

I will find a pic and post my tats up when I have chance :)

flukeairwalker
December 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Congratulations on the new piece, I had a pretty nerdy piece inked on my skin just a few months back too.

This thread is now about nerdy tattoos forum posters have!

slackthumbz
December 14th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Congratulations on the new piece, I had a pretty nerdy piece inked on my skin just a few months back too.

This thread is now about nerdy tattoos forum posters have!

Sweet piece :) I agree, this thread is now about nerdy tattoos.

Evil-Ernie
December 14th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Heres a pic of my leg tattoo!