PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Linux Ubuntu 10.04.1 (Lucid)

lordmight
December 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Good day,
I don't know if someone already posted a thread like this, but I've tried to search all over the net, and found no luck. I'm installing Linux Lucid I've tried installing linux using VirtualBox and it's a success. But now I want to completely switch to linux. I'm sick of using M$. My monitor only supports resolution not higher than 960x600. I've checked the boot menu, and the F4 Thingy does not contain Safe Graphics Mode option. How will I be able to install ubuntu then?
BTW i've tried using vga=771 and -xforcevesa but still no luck :(
Thanks

Herman
December 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM
:) My Asus EeePC 701 4G (http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4055) has a display resolution of only 800 x 480 and I have the normal Ubuntu installed in it.
Some people prefer the Ubuntu netbook version when they have a computer with a small display.

As soon as I started installing the regular Ubuntu I ran into the problem that there were windows that would pop up that were too big for the display, and often I knew those Windows had buttons I needed to click on at the bottom where I couldn't reach them.

The trick I need to use sometimes is to hold down the 'alt' key while grabbing a window with my right mouse button so I can drag the whole window upwards to reveal buttons I'm trying to reach.

Now that I'm used to doing that I don't even think about it anymore, it's just an automatic habit. My EeePC is over two years old already and has had several versions of Ubuntu installed in it and I always just use the regular Ubuntu.

Will that little tip help you?

NightwishFan
December 12th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Do you mean it does not support, as in a small monitor? Or it does, but it does not work using Ubuntu?

lordmight
December 12th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I have an old monitor which I think 1995model, can't see the brand and model since its old. Ubuntu Boot menu is working but when the loading screen shows the screen display is flickering.