PDA

View Full Version : Learning Python

trivialpackets
December 10th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hey all. I was looking for some feedback on some code that I have just written while learning Python. I was tasked with writing a persistent contact manager from the command line. I am not entirely happy with the "flow" of it as it stands now, but wanted feedback on the code itself. What is the best practice, just including my novice code into the forum post for feedback, or using some third party site to link to it?

Vaphell
December 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM
anything goes - smaller chunks of code can be pasted using [code] or [php] tags directly into post body (, both preserve formatting but php tag does some syntax highlighting for improved readability), besides you can attach files to your posts in advanced mode (multitude of formats is supported). If you want to host your files somewhere else, it will work too. Just make sure that your stuff is as simple to access as possible, people don't really like to jump through the hoops when it's you who's in the need. As that one saying goes - 'help me help you'

trivialpackets
December 10th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks. I'll attach the file then, looking for python review as I'm just starting out with Python. Really kind of liking it so far. I vaguely remember how long it took to implement something similar to this in C++ when I was in college...this was much quicker. :)

Development was done in Windows, as it is where I was, but I believe I have it written to run equally in Windows and Ubuntu with the code.

juancarlospaco
December 10th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I think its OK. :)