PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cubic Trouble

Karl10
December 9th, 2010, 09:56 PM
HI Folks

Yeah, I know, another desktop cube question. I really did search and read, a lot, and saw nothing even close to what I'm getting.

Running 10.10. Have successfully installed ATI drivers, and Compiz. Everything seems to work except the damned cube.

1.) Settings are unstable. I follow the instructions in the different "how-to's" I've found (which all say mostly the same thing.... and none of 'em work...) and the next time I boot, Compiz Settings Manager is right back where it was when I first installed it; cube and cube rotation are unchecked, and the defaults are back.

2.) The cube settings "sort-of" work, only the viewpoint is from WITHIN the cube, looking out. "Unfold" backs the viewpoint from that of a normal full-screen desktop to a strip of four desktops-at-a-distance, over a reflective "floor." Rotate shifts the strip to one side or the other. Release "unfold, and it zooms back to a full-screen desktop. Turn on the cube's gears, and they're right in your face, with some clipping from some angles as they rotate in plane (not around their individual axes.) WEIRD.

3.) Not really cube related, but none of the special effects (like windows exiting in various ways (burn, fold up and fly away, beam up, etc.)

Obviously I'm missing some little things, cuz it ALMOST works, just not right.

Any takers??