PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] An issue with OpenOffice.org dialog boxes

jander
December 9th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hello,

When I open an attached file in OpenOffice, it's open in read-only mode. In order to edit it, I need to save it to a local folder, with "File" -> "Save As...".

The problem is that I have to wait more than one minute for the "Save As..." dialog box to show up.

I searched Ubuntu Forums but couldn't find any post on this subject.

If I open a read-only file from a local directory using Nautilus or the command line, everthing works fine.

Thanks for any help...

Jander

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-26-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00:03 UTC 2010 i686
Desktop environment: Gnome
Suite: OpenOffice.org 3.2.0, from Ubuntu repositories
E-mail client: Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.6

ajgreeny
December 9th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Although it doesn't really answer your "why" part of the question, I always save attachments to a folder in /home called Attachments, then open them and edit if needed from there. I almost never open an attachment direct from Thunderbird, my email client.

All attachment files are also moved from the Attachment folder to a more appropriate home folder after saving; it works that way best for me as I don't have to even think about where attachments are going, I simply save all of them and then sort out what i should do with them later.

jander
December 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
Hi, ajgreeny! Thanks for the tip! I was thinking about something just like that.

I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this kind of trouble.

Anyway, if I find a fix for it, I'll post it here...

Merry hollidays!

jander
April 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
The problem is gone.
Some update fixed it, I guess. :)