PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 sudden freeze when Installion starts

Oventoaster
December 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
What Im trying to do:
Im trying to Install Ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop, as of now It has a functioning Windows 7 installed in it along with 3 partitions:

Drive C: Windows 7 paritition
Drive D: NTSF partition
Drive E: Raw partition

here are aditional info about my laptop:
Model: ASUS x85se
Core2Duo T5850
2gig RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4570 512

What I did so far:
First I downloaded ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386 latest version 32bit (693mb file size) burned it on a CD, after that I restarted my computer and booted to CD, after selecting language and selecting Install Ubuntu the problem happends (please read What is the problem)

What is the Problem:
it simply goes to a blank screen with a blinking underline. (I tried waiting for it but its already 3hours and nothing happends)

Things I've tried to fix the problem:

Trial 1
-Redownloaded ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386 latest version 32bit (693mb file size) burned it on another CD and repeated the proceedure, however problem still happends (please read What is the problem)

Trial 2
-I did the same procedure again with the newly burned CD but instead of selecting Install Ubuntu I selected Check disk for defects the same problem occurs

Trial 3
-Redownloaded ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386 latest version 32bit (693mb file size) this time I followed the create a USB stick guide shown on the download page and downloaded the Universal USB Installer, I booted on my USB drive and proceeded on the Ubuntu installation page, however selecting Install Ubuntu still causes the same problem, only that this time it shows random notifications and words (the infos shown were too fast to be noted) (please read What is the problem)

Trial 4
-I did Trial 1 again but instead of selecting Install Ubuntu I selected Try Ubuntu without installing same problem still occurs (please read What is the problem)

Trial 5
-I did Trial 3 again but instead of selecting Install Ubuntu I selected Try Ubuntu without installing same problem still occurs (please read What is the problem)

Trial 6
-using one of my burned Ubuntu CD (I have a total 2 CDs by now, the other one, because I was so pissed off I put it on the microwave and watched it spark and glitter) I tried using it on my Desktop PC and selected Try Ubuntu without installingand it worked perfectly.

Trail 7
-using the same CD I used on Trial 6 I did the proceedure again and selected Try Ubuntu without installing same problem occured (please read What is the problem)

Trial 8
-I did tried installing the CD on my Desktop selecting Install Ubuntu and again It worked perfectly, but is still not working on my Laptop

all in all it took me 24hr trying to figure things out ( thats 3 days, trying to fix it 8hrs a day)

my frustration is over 9000000...

Every suggestion and help will be greatly rewarded with a smiley and lots of Thank you.

p.s: I think that every people should use this kind of format when trying to ask for help, ayt?

Oventoaster
December 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM
hey ahm bumpy..

ok I do have a little update here: I was able to fully install the USB version on my desktop and it works perfectly fine, it even updated itself and Im using it right now, however it just freezes when I tried to install it on my laptop, I will flash some random text first then stops on that flashing underline again...

I can see that some people dont like smiles, I'll replace that by rewarding you with a smiley star instead like this one: :KS its heck of a much better than a smiley, so come on guys I really need that helpy.. :-(

JaJaBinks
December 28th, 2010, 02:55 AM
I had the same problem. I found some information which advised burning the ubuntu 10.10 iso image onto a dvd instead of a cd.
worked for me. cheers