PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where can I find usbkbd?

fentonpcrackshell
December 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Very, very new to linux, so sorry in advance. I am trying to get my USB Barcode Scanner (Wasp WWS-800) to work with ubuntu 10.10. I've tried the solutions mentioned here:

http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/index.php?title=UbuntuHelp:BarcodeReaders&variant=zh-hant#New_Fix

But it's not working. When I plug in the device, and do

dmesg | tailI still get

[ 131.289783] generic-usb: probe of 0003:04B4:CFA1.0005 failed with error -22When I do cat /boot/grub/grub.cfg

The following IS listed, so I think I got that part right:

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
# Force the messy USB CCD barcode reader to use the more lenient usbkbd driver
KERNEL=="event[0-9]*", SYSFS{idVendor}=="04b4", SYSFS{idProduct}=="cfa1", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/lib/udev/check_driver usbkbd $devpath $env{ID_BUS}"
### END /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###I also did the local rules thing:

~$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules
KERNEL=="event[0-9]*", SYSFS{idVendor}=="04b4", SYSFS{idProduct}=="cfa1", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/lib/udev/check_driver usbkbd $devpath $env{ID_BUS}"When I do

I think my problem is with usbkbd. I am still getting:

~$ sudo modprobe usbkbd
FATAL: Module usbkbd not found.I tried commenting it out in the blacklist file, but that doesn't seem to do any good. Any ideas?

Thanks

Fafler
December 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
It seems Ubuntu 10.10 doesn't have usbkbd anymore. I think your choices are either a downgrade to a older Ubuntu version or a build custom kernel without usbhid. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile

fentonpcrackshell
December 9th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks.

I am not stuck on 10.10. Do you know how far I have to go back?

Fafler
December 9th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I have no idea. Try the live CD's and just go back through the versions till you find it.