PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution mail links broken

Alpha99
December 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Hi there Guy.

Just recently switched over to Ubuntu and found it to be faster than Suse 11.3, but i am missing some of suses options. so far its one up to Ubuntu i am singing for Ubuntu.

However during the course of the use of this new environment and application namely Evolution mail . The problem arises as, when i click on any links within an email the following message is displayed

Failed to execute child process "http://listserve.novatech.co.uk/t/1016091/37047/1566/0/" (No such file or directory)

However prior to this, yesterday all was well i have made no changes that i can remember only a recent update that was installed this morning.
Can anyone help her please, to a new user as i am still finding my way around. I hope i have put this in the right forum.

Thanks

Tamlynmac
December 9th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Just a thought....
I'm wondering if Ubuntu (for some reason) isn't identifying Firefox as your default browser. This can be checked by:

Firefox/edit/preferences/advanced tab/general tab/system defaults/Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup/check now button

If Firefox isn't seen as the default browser, it will not open urls linked by another app. Potentially, this could occur if you tried a different browser and it was set as the default browser.

Good Luck & hope this helps

Alpha99
December 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Just a thought....
I'm wondering if Ubuntu (for some reason) isn't identifying Firefox as your default browser. This can be checked by:

Firefox/edit/preferences/advanced tab/general tab/system defaults/Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup/check now button

If Firefox isn't seen as the default browser, it will not open urls linked by another app. Potentially, this could occur if you tried a different browser and it was set as the default browser.

Good Luck & hope this helps

Many Thanks for your input - However booted up this morning and all seems to be well it took sometime approx 4-5 mins to access a web page but it seems to be working. So the possibilities that you may well be right are seem good as well as my system need a rest.

I have also check out the settings and they are all ok. If this happens again i will give it the once over.
Many Thanks once a gain all seems to be Resolved.