PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Login problem after upgrading from 9.10 to Kubuntu 10.04.1

sandro54
December 8th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a problem after upgrading from Kubuntu 9.10 to 10.04.1 (LTS): after reboot I get the login panel but when I type login + password, the system begin to go ahead but immediately comes back to login panel, so I can't get the Desktop obviously .

I checked the following :
The kubuntu-desktop is already in place the kdm I think it works well (start & stop work) and the file xorg.conf has been rebuilded with the cmd "dpkg-reconfigure.......xserver-xorg".

The plasma-desktop is already in place.
About permissions I noted the files .Xauthority was root permissions and .ICEauthority was user permissions. so I removed both these files . After reboot I got the same problem, so I checked the file .Xauthority and now it was the user permissions but the file .ICEauthority wasn't created . is it normal ???

please can you help me ??

thanks in advance.

Sandro

sandro54
December 8th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Hi everybody ,

come on guys please some suggestion. I really need support to solve this problem I'm blocked for 4 days.

tanks in advance
Sandro

sandro54
December 9th, 2010, 08:05 PM
sorry Guys

some ideas to solve the login problem please

thanks

sandro54
December 10th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I am still blocked with this login problem , please I Would ask you any kind of support or suggestions to go ahead

thanks very much

sandro54
December 10th, 2010, 11:41 PM
please guys I have resolve this serious problem of login or I have to think to return to windows.

I'm waiting any yours suggestions

thanks very much