PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Maverick and NVIDIA all sort of problem. Driver problem

lordmartires
December 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hi Guys ... I guss you are tired of this discussion but i'm really stuck ...

Let me tell you something .. i have been working with Ubuntu since Feisty and it's the first time that i have been really REALLY stuck ...
I googled it and tried all tips that i find .. such as installing from ppa that somebody said it works like charm .. but in my system is worked like **** ! i totally destroyed my ubuntu that i even couldn't run ubutnu in recovery mode !
i tried to install the .run driver . it makes my monitor to message OUT OF RANGE ...
basically i can't get into NVIDIAs site . I get a huge access denide ! i guess i installed ubuntu MAVERICK more than 10 times and i've been up to date 'cuase i hoped they make nice fix ... but they disappointed me...
so what's my problem ? the only driver that works on my ubuntu is 173 ... and it work's perfectly untill i comes to 3D and Desktop heavy effects and Docky ! i can't even play the chromium game without glitches !
no matter what driver i install the result is the same the monitor goes out of range ...
i tried to add some senteces to my xorg.conf but everything seems fine and i really don't know what should i add ... i randomly add some of the senteces that i find via googling but nothing work ...
the only time that the monitor didn't go out of range was the time that i used the ppa and the script and as i said it destroyed my ubuntu ..

now let me share some informations :
Graphic Card : Nvidia 8400 gs
Monitor : LG Flatron L1720B
Computer : i really don't know what to say about this one it was my brothers . it's Intell and it run's Mac osx like charm ( I mean MACOSX not Hackosx ) without any problem.
here is my xorg.conf afeter installing NVIDIA :

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig: version 260.19.26 (buildmeister@swio-display-x86-rhel47-07.nvidia.com) Sun Nov 28 22:59:09 PST 2010

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "Unknown"
HorizSync 28.0 - 33.0
VertRefresh 43.0 - 72.0
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

Guys i really don't know what should i do .. HELP!

and really really sorry for my bad english ..