PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Senior Project?

Kdar
December 8th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I will do Senior project next semester and I am trying to come up with some ideas... I am really want to do some project which maybe could involve Linux in one way or another.

One idea that I had was a device that I could turn on or off, or adjust settings based on the amount of light it receives. But it might not be complex enough as senior design project.

Could someone share some ideas? Maybe something you though would be nice to exist before?

juancarlospaco
December 8th, 2010, 05:36 AM
a Design project?

BrandonC19
December 8th, 2010, 05:40 AM
You could build a Linux multi-touch table, or the famous "computer in a suitcase."

arpanaut
December 8th, 2010, 05:47 AM
And I thought you were going to do something nice for us old folks...

Oh Well. :p

Megaptera
December 8th, 2010, 07:44 AM
How about a 'stop/go' animation based around a leisurely day (for retired person perhaps?) but more importantly in addition a detailed 'How I made my animation' using a range of techniques to illustrate that?

mips
December 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I will do Senior project...

What does senior mean? Is it school, university etc?

macogw
December 8th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Would help if you said what your major is...

Megaptera
December 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
What does senior mean? Is it school, university etc?

I just assumed this was going to be a presentation to Seniors - senior citizens, those who are retired. I was thinking they'd be interested in this hi-tech modern computer stuff and all its amazing tricks and witchcraft!!

I think I'm way off track!!

Kdar
December 9th, 2010, 06:44 AM
lol.. forgot few detail :) sorry

EE major, University, and yes, Design project.

Decatf
December 9th, 2010, 06:46 AM
The multi touch table thing has been done to death with EE, CE and Comp Sci majors.

Kdar
December 10th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I want to do something with a micro controller. Like one of those arduino boards or Fez boards. I will work learn with Fez boards, so maybe I will be familiar enough with it by the time of my Design project.