PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] i have problem to install ubuntu 10.04 LTS

dark of angel
December 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM
HI
i have a new laptop [toshiba satellite (C600-02l) "this is what wrotten on this laptop"
i want to install any ubuntu version itries with 10.04 LTS but after booting list of message shows up
acpci .....with adress
acpci.....
what i capt is the last message kenel_thread_helper +06....
igoogled but i fond that this hardware seems to be incompatible with my hardware
plzz
one tell me that i'm wrong and this is the solution....
i really in need

dark of angel
December 7th, 2010, 06:37 PM
i found the solution of installation
F6 and make option noapci=off
this for installation
but in stated ubuntu a ihave the same problem(same message "thread_helper...")
i become nut 2day
i'l keep u informated

sikander3786
December 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
See this.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDBootOptions#Main%20Page%20Options

And once Ubuntu is installed and you need to make that change permanent, edit /etc/default/grub by,

gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub

And type your desired parameter in between the quotes in this line.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

Save and close that file and update Grub by,

sudo update-grub

But remember, the terminology of those commands is either acpi=off or noapic or nolapic. I haven't heard of noapci=off. Make sure you type the correct syntax there.

dark of angel
December 7th, 2010, 07:16 PM
i have already install ubuntu 10.04
but when i choos it ² the same problem appears
"kernel_thread_helper+0x7/0x10
kernel init +0x0/0xbf
and too many message in the sameway

sikander3786
December 7th, 2010, 07:27 PM
OK. Highlighting the first entry in Grub menu, press 'e' to edit it, then navigate to the words "quiet & splash" and type your desired parameter following those 2 words. Press Ctrl + X to boot and see if it can boot successully this time.

dark of angel
December 7th, 2010, 11:24 PM
OK. Highlighting the first entry in Grub menu, press 'e' to edit it, then navigate to the words "quiet & splash" and type your desired parameter following those 2 words. Press Ctrl + X to boot and see if it can boot successully this time.

thank u it's run ubuntu and i applied ur tutoriel with the command "acpi=off" but i found that network wire didn't work
so strange !!!!

sikander3786
December 8th, 2010, 06:55 AM
You are Welcome. Glad to know that it worked :-)

Regarding the network problem, it requires a new thread under Networking & Wireless sub-forum.

If your installation issue is solved, you can mark this thread Solved using Thread Tools near the top of this page.

Happy Ubuntu-ing!