PDA

View Full Version : Mind filling out this questionnaire for me?

SlickRick
December 7th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I need it for college. It's only 5 questions. It's about video game music.
I made it for printing so it's not digitally friendly. You don't have to place ticks in the answer boxes for the closed questions, just put anything that signifies what answer you're giving.

kthx

EDIT: here are the questions

1. Do you notice the music in video games?
Always ⌑ Sometimes ⌑ Never ⌑

2. If yes, what are the most memorable game soundtracks you can think of?

3. Has a video game soundtrack ever made you want to play the game it belonged to?
Yes ⌑ No ⌑

4. If yes, please specify what game

5. Do you ever listen to video game soundtracks separately from the game they belong to?

TheLions
December 7th, 2010, 03:46 PM
1. Sometimes
2. Soundtracks from "Fallout" series, Duke Nukem...
3. No
4. -
5. Never

Bölvağur
December 7th, 2010, 04:16 PM
1. Do you notice the music in video games? {Always, Sometimes, Never}

2. If yes [always/sometimes], what are the most memorable game soundtracks you can think of?

3. Has a video game soundtrack ever made you want to play the game it belonged to? {Yes, No}

5. Do you ever listen to video game soundtracks separately from the game they belong to? {Always, Sometimes, Never}

my answer:
1. Always
2. Red Alert
3. No
5. Never

And most importantly, I always mute music in the games I play.

Spr0k3t
December 7th, 2010, 04:25 PM
1. No (Unless the song is either techno or seriously epic along the lines of a movie score that's never been heard)
2. I can't think of any games I've played where the music was something that could be made memorable (one exception: Super Mario Brothers, first level).
3. No
4. -
5. Never

I understand this is in print medium... but it would probably be good to include the questions/text in the forum, you will get more responses that way.

julio_cortez
December 7th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Sometimes

2. If yes [always/sometimes], what are the most memorable game soundtracks you can think of?
Playing I quite only sports games, well, more or less every soundtrack included in FIFA and/or PES (in the latter case I mean the latest ones, from 2009 on).

3. Has a video game soundtrack ever made you want to play the game it belonged to?
No

5. Do you ever listen to video game soundtracks separately from the game they belong to?
Sometimes. Some songs like "Joy" by Gay dad (from FIFA 2000), "Bum like you" by Robyn (from FIFA 2008 ), "Let u know" by Plastilina mosh (from FIFA 2009) and "Dakota" by Stereophonics (from PES 2010) are now a constant presence in my MP3 player.
In addition, I often play "Ride a white horse" by Goldfrapp and "Washing up" by Thomas Andersson (both from a NFS game) when it comes to house/electronic music.
To be honest, "Ride a white horse" is the song that took me into Goldfrapp (to the extent that I consider "Rocket" one of the best songs of 2010 by the way)

Spice Weasel
December 7th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Sometimes

Duke Nukem \m/

No

3Miro
December 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Always

Red Alert (the original)

No

N/A

Sometimes

samalex
December 7th, 2010, 09:03 PM
1. Always
2. Halo, Moral Combat, Castlevania, and Wing Commander stand out -- at least those are the soundtracks I remember buying on CD
3. No
5. Sometimes

A few people mentioned the Red Alert soundtrack. I was WAY into Red Alert 2, but I don't remember the soundtrack being all that... I might need to check this out.

Simian Man
December 7th, 2010, 09:09 PM
1. Sometimes
2. -
3. No
4. -
5. Never

I think game music is something you mostly notice when it's bad. The goal is to not be distracting, but add another layer to the immersion of playing. I especially like when the music dynamically changes depending on the game mood ie gets faster during battles. I know Oblivion does this.

BigSilly
December 7th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I need it for college. It's only 5 questions. It's about video game music.
I made it for printing so it's not digitally friendly. You don't have to place ticks in the answer boxes for the closed questions, just put anything that signifies what answer you're giving.

kthx

Yes ⌑ No ⌑

1) Always

2)
NiGHTS Into/Journey of Dreams (Saturn/Wii)
Rez (PS2/DC)
Shenmue (DC) (both games but game 2 especially)
Ocarina of Time (N64)
Sega Rally (Saturn)
Super Mario Galaxy (both games) (Wii)
GTA Vice City (PS2/Xbox/PC)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

3)Yes

4) Rez

5) Sometimes

:)

Verbeck
December 7th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Sometimes

Hell March 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0), 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqwFhX6Cqg), 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3rGO2WhZGg) in the red alert series
the menu soundtrack [here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC0WSu-bqBc)] : red alert 3:uprising

Yes

soviet march (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc) : red alert 3

Sometimes

obviously i'm a CnC fan :)

earthpigg
December 7th, 2010, 10:39 PM
1. Do you notice the music in video games? Sometimes

2. If yes, what are the most memorable game soundtracks you can think of? World of Goo

3. Has a video game soundtrack ever made you want to play the game it belonged to? No

5. Do you ever listen to video game soundtracks separately from the game they belong to? Sometimes

If not for WoG, it would have been Never to question 1.

Normally, I mute ingame music and play my own. Dunno if it could be used for your assignment, but i'd like it if more games provided an ingame way to open my own playlists and mp3 collection.

In my mind, games are usually associated with whatever music I was really into at the time. Whenever I hear the band A Perfect Circle, for example, I immediately think of Alpha Centauri.

Old_Grey_Wolf
December 8th, 2010, 12:59 AM
You should have known an answer like this was likey to happen. :)

Questionnaire – Video game soundtracks

Always ⌑ Sometimes ⌑ Never X

Not applicable. I don't play games.

Yes ⌑ No X

Not applicable. I don't play games.

Always ⌑ Sometimes ⌑ Never X

zer010
December 8th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Always ⌑ Sometimes ☑ Never ⌑

Red Alert 1&2 Hell March, Half of the tracks from THPS's American Wasteland, Everlasting Love from We ❤ Katamari

Yes ☑ No ⌑

See games above.

Always ⌑ Sometimes ☑ Never ⌑
There's others I like, but these are what I remember right now.

Hman242
December 8th, 2010, 03:50 AM
1. Sometimes.
2. No soundtrack in particular.
3. Yes.
4. FFVII
5. Sometimes.

Lightstar
December 8th, 2010, 03:56 AM

2. If yes, what are the most memorable game soundtracks you can think of? Final Fantasy series

Yes ⌑ No ⌑

multiple games, even mmorpgs

Often ⌑

reyfer
December 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM

Yes ⌑ No ⌑

1 - Always
2 - Final Fantasy, Syberia
3 - Yes
4 - Syberia
5 - Sometimes

SlickRick
January 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM

2. If yes, what are the most memorable game soundtracks you can think of? Final Fantasy series

Yes ⌑ No ⌑

multiple games, even mmorpgs

Often ⌑

Dude, you can't just add your own answer box. If this were a radio button on an online form, you couldn't do that.:lolflag:

Well anyway, thx for the help everyone):P, got a lot of good answers. Looking at it now, final fantasy music seems to stand out as being most popular.