PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] error message Try hd(0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr on dual boot system

badbradmx
December 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM
hey im posting on behalf of my cousen who i managed to get onto the linux train, he has been using it a lot and has a few files he needs saved in the ubuntu partition but, he has started getting this error code

Try hd(0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr then it restarts the laptop (only managed to get the error code due to persistent tries as it was so quick on the screen)

never reaches the GRUB list as far as i can tell (going from what he has said on the phone)

ive done some googling to try and find a solution for him but all the threads ive come across have been related to Wubi which he hasnt used. used the CD and did a fresh install from the begining.

im going to let him access this account to deal with this himself with your help i hope. any help is appreciated

badbradmx
December 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
bump

Jay Car
December 9th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I'll bet that this link will be very helpful to you. It's all about wubi, and very nicely organized. Give it a try.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198

bcbc
December 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Try hd(0,0): NTFS5: No wubildr then it restarts the laptop (only managed to get the error code due to persistent tries as it was so quick on the screen)
ive done some googling to try and find a solution for him but all the threads ive come across have been related to Wubi which he hasnt used. used the CD and did a fresh install from the begining.

You can't get that wubildr message without installing wubi. So follow that link Jay Car posted.