PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install errors macbook

lord of zombies
December 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM
hey so recently my macbook crashed and i reinstalled leopard with a update disc, then it crashed again and i couldn't repair the hard drive and formatted it, long story short i cant get mac back, i have a macmini now anyway so it doesn't matter, ... then i tried installing my windows vista that worked through bootcamp before, but it could not find the harddrive and i cannot format it to whatever style format that one needs to be. i thought id give unbuntu a try.

but i got that all wrong because i needed the netbook version rather than the desktop, so i have my netbook disc now and its been booting up from the disc,

formatted my hard drive, i think FAT32, im not sure if thats the problem but the umbuntu format wont let me so i keep having to switch back to my mac disc to use disk format,

but every time i install unbuntu i get this error

Quote:
The ext4 file system creation in partition #2 of SCSI3 (0,1,0) (sda) failed.
so yeh ive been up all night trying to sort this but i keep running into the same wall, and was wondering if some brainy person could tell me what im doing wrong here, thanks :grin:

thanks guy

Quackers
December 7th, 2010, 02:15 PM
How old is this machine?
With the mac crashes and the error message you report it seems to me that it could be a sick hard drive.

lord of zombies
December 7th, 2010, 03:04 PM
quite old, got it in 2008, but its had a hard drive failure before that i got replaced. so i was afraid of that. mmm maybe ill look into replacing it myself.

thanks

Quackers
December 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
See if anybody else comes up with something different :-) You never know!