PDA

View Full Version : A terrbile day...:(

smellyman
December 6th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Rough day yesterday. Kidney failure hit my little Beagle, Bailey, pretty hard in the past couple of weeks and I took her to the vet for the last ime. She was a great friend for 14 years.

I just had to post...it is my therapy

she is also my avatar....thankfully it wasn't smoking that got her....

RIP

NightwishFan
December 6th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Oh no. I am so sorry. I know for a fact that you loved your friend and it is hard losing them. :(

Khakilang
December 6th, 2010, 06:06 AM
A friend in need is a friend indeed. But every good thing has to come to an end. Sorry for you lose.

Richard_T
December 6th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I feel for you. you must be devastated.

MooPi
December 6th, 2010, 02:30 PM
My best friend is my dog Yogi. He is always by my side even if I'm in a terrible mood. Gog bless the dumb pooch. Have faith that Bailey's image will bring smiles of remembrance.

samalex
December 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your little friend... 14 years is a great run for any canine, so awesome you were able to have that companionship from the little guy for that long, and likewise for him to have yours.

bug67
December 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Aww, bummer! :cry: I know it's not much consolation but, her suffering is over and I believe she's in a better place.

marcus.2009
December 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM
sorry to hear that...

my wife and i had put down our shelty a couple of months ago...he was 17 years old...he was perfectly wonderful and healthy but ventually couldn't walk or eat properly any more...so i for one...understand how you must feel.... just know he's with and about you where ever you go

mips
December 6th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Sorry. 5yrs ago my dog died and it's a pretty traumatic experience so I feel for you.

pricetech
December 6th, 2010, 05:01 PM
My sincerest sympathy. Our canine companions illustrate for us love in its purest form.

I too miss my companions and think of them often. They're just as much a part of the family as any human.

May you be comforted by her memory.

oldos2er
December 7th, 2010, 01:16 AM
My condolences. We currently have five pets--three cats and two dogs--and it's very hard to say goodbye. But I never regret adopting any of them; we get so much in return.

robertcoulson
December 7th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Put my dog of 15 years down 2 years ago...I know how you feel...Time WILL help.
Robert

tgalati4
December 7th, 2010, 02:20 AM
I'm on my third beagle. Whiffer died at 15 years. Nancy died at 12 years (with tumorous spleen removed at 10 years) $5K!! Buddy (aka Budster, Butterbean) is going on 7 years.

I know that hurt. Sorry for your loss.

cloyd
December 7th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Sad to hear this. Dogs are . . . well, wonderful. They love us, when we often don't deserve it. I don't have one now, but grew up with a boxer that I loved dearly. I've never known a gentler and more loving living creature. I hope you get another dog. It won't be the same, but I know, life is better when dogs are around.

Rodney9
December 7th, 2010, 08:04 AM
So sorry, it is so hard to lose a good friend, remember the good times.

A couple quotes I like about Dogs -

There is a story told by the American Indians that the Great Spirit decided to divide the worlds of animal and man so he gathered all living beings on a great plain and drew a line in the dirt. On one side of the line stood man----on the other side stood all of the animals. And that line began to open up into a great crevasse-and at the last moment before it became unreachable, dog leapt over and stood by man. ~~Unknown

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." --Unknown

cpmman
December 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM
May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and living light.

I want to go, I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that,
and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you too,
that's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

Author: Susan A. Jackson

Barney says wuff.

handy
December 7th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I held Rudi, my 14 year old German Shepherd as the vet gave him the needle (at home).

It was the worst day of my life. I grieved far more intensely than I did when my father died, & I love my father.

It took me 72 hours to get my logic back again.

So I'm always sorry for anyone who loses their best friend.

dexter777
December 8th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Im so sorry to read this post.. don`t be sad !! big hug.

smellyman
December 16th, 2010, 07:13 AM
My wife made a little tribute VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbz3qLIjbc)for Bailey.....

Rodney9
December 16th, 2010, 07:24 AM
My wife made a little tribute VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbz3qLIjbc)for Bailey.....

Pure Love