PDA

View Full Version : GNOME resets everytime I close a SECOND firefox window.

IxAxU
December 6th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Just installed UNR today, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary.. I changed the wallpaper, and browsed the web for a bit.

The issue:
Closing a second maximized (not fullscreen) window of firefox causes the sidebar and topbar to flash away and back again, and load the apps again on the side bar.. .. Think of it as ending explorer.exe and starting it up again.. (for those familiar with windows)

Anyway.. let me know if you can replicate this.. or if it's a known bug, fixes, etc..

# begin rant
Ubuntu needs to slow down it's timeline of releases and just get things fixed before working on the next phase.

I've been back and forth on Ubuntu, but with every release there are still allot of bugs.. if only they would listen.
# end rant

----- edit back with more info

So I was gonna try and capture it with xvid capture. I started recording, opened a new window, closed it, gnome reset, and so did my capture tool..

-- even more

So this isn't just the second window after all, it actually occurs when closing the first window as well.
Closing the first window I see that everything turns blank (top-bar,side-bar,desktop wallpaper) then fades-in back to normal, like when first logging on. I tried maximizing terminal and opening a new window of terminal and maxing that out, and closing it.. no issue. I guess it's a FF/Gnome bug?