PDA

View Full Version : Woo haa!

mGee
April 21st, 2006, 09:49 PM
I finally have Ubuntu installed with full digital audio via my s/pdif output! This after first installing the pre-beta Dapper the other day and having trouble getting audio to work. Then I decided to do a clean install with Breezy. I got audio, though only through my normal speaker jack. With s/pdif I got really stuttering audio.

Then I saw that Dapper beta was finally release and I upgraded... now with the settings I had set in my asound.conf file for breezy, I have perfect audio through my s/pdif output in Dapper!!

Anyway... all that to say that I'm in love with Ubuntu. Installing it with success has brought me one step closer to being an ex-winblows user. I need to try out a few things before I decide to no longer boot into windows, but I feel that that's imminent.

Now with ubuntu on me desktop and osx on my powerbook, I'm rolling with a hell of a setup.

Thanks Ubuntu developers for this slick OS! :KS

PS... Hi all! I'm new to the ubuntu forums.

mostwanted
April 21st, 2006, 10:07 PM
Should be in testimonials, but who cares :)

Hi there, hope you'll stay with us! Ubuntu rocks.

ubuntu27
April 21st, 2006, 10:17 PM
I finally have Ubuntu installed with full digital audio via my s/pdif output! This after first installing the pre-beta Dapper the other day and having trouble getting audio to work. Then I decided to do a clean install with Breezy. I got audio, though only through my normal speaker jack. With s/pdif I got really stuttering audio.

Then I saw that Dapper beta was finally release and I upgraded... now with the settings I had set in my asound.conf file for breezy, I have perfect audio through my s/pdif output in Dapper!!

Anyway... all that to say that I'm in love with Ubuntu. Installing it with success has brought me one step closer to being an ex-winblows user. I need to try out a few things before I decide to no longer boot into windows, but I feel that that's imminent.

Now with ubuntu on me desktop and osx on my powerbook, I'm rolling with a hell of a setup.

Thanks Ubuntu developers for this slick OS! :KS

PS... Hi all! I'm new to the ubuntu forums.

Good job and welcome to the community!! :) =D>