PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Actions icons are not the correct icons for that theme. Please help!

Felliph3
December 5th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hello guys and girls.

Im having a strange issue where my action icons (stop, forward, go back, refresh, etc) are showing but they do not belong to that theme. My icons are supposed to be green arrows and not the white ones you see.

It will change if i change the theme but some themes like the gnome theme it will stay like that.

All icons work fine except those. Any ideas? Thanks!

Frogs Hair
December 5th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Do you have a link to the icons ? Sometimes icon sets are updated and the author changes icons along the way . If you saw a preview of the set that was not updated there may differences between the preview and the current icons.

Felliph3
December 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Im pretty sure they're not it. Ive used this set for a long time, its been saved for years in my computer. Those icons I think are from some other icon set, I dont remember which. Plus the normal icons show up in the folder but dont display like they should.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Felliph3
December 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
up

Krytarik
December 12th, 2010, 02:33 AM
To change the icon-theme to the one you want:
- "System -> Preferences -> Appearance"
- choose the desktop-theme you want to use, generally
- click on "Customize" below the themes
- then click on the "Icons"-tab
The "Login"-icons are only for the login-screen, like the name suggests.;)

Frogs Hair
December 12th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I had an Icon set that was displaying the wrong folders and I solved the problem by removing the offending icon set. I tried the same icons set again after it was updated and it worked fine .

Krytarik
December 12th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Ok, I didn't got this right until now! You have a *custom* icon-set, from which some icons aren't displayed where they should.

The icons have to be present in a number of sizes in the respective folders. Did you compare yours with the default icon-set of Ubuntu, Humanity?