PDA

View Full Version : This is serious !! ( Very graphic warning)Safe driving message

Rodney9
December 5th, 2010, 03:44 AM
This is serious !!

Please watch this- and if you have driving age kids or friends or relatives,
forward this link.

Make them all watch it. Watch It ALL !!!

If you are a young adult with friends you care about, forward it. Push them
even demand they watch it.

It is powerful, and effective - it made me rethink my own past, and future.

If there were Oscars for PSAs, this one would win a box of them.

TAC is the 'Transport Accident Commission' - the folks in Victoria Australia that rush
people from car crashes to emergency rooms. They also do the anti-DUI ads down
under.

Here is their pre-Christmas entry.

I'll be showing this to my kids ASAP. It will do more than all the
anti-drunk driving haranguing I've ever thrown at them.

Again, strap yourself in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

johntaylor1887
December 5th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Wow. One of the most intense PSA's I've ever seen. DON'T DO DRUGS AND DRIVE!

robertcoulson
December 5th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Scary stuff...My kids will see this video.
Robert

idi0tf0wl
December 5th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Gnarly... definitely worth sharing...

Bölvağur
December 5th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Scary stuff...My kids will see this video.
Robert

I think they have seen corpses flying in the air off some cars before on tv.

Didnt know you could post links or pictures of violence on these forums, wonder where the video for not standing on railways or stand too close to where trains are.

cariboo
December 5th, 2010, 06:05 AM
I was a tow truck driver for a couple of years, and attended enough fatal accidents caused by drinking and driving, that I'm all for anything that will deter anyone from driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

LowSky
December 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM
i will play devils advocate hear. this doesn't save lives. all it does is make horror movies loike hostel seem tame. In all truth car technology and police work are what is responsible for saving lives.

people will still do dumb things... its completly proven that programs like DARE do absolutly nothing. You tell any kid they cant do something and the reckelss ones will still go for it.

oldos2er
December 5th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Signal 30 was worse--none of the accidents in that film were CG.

KiwiNZ
December 5th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Signal 30 was worse--none of the accidents in that film were CG.

It's not about being real or what film is better, it's about the message and terrible waste the road toll is and the lives it is trying to save.

wilee-nilee
December 5th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Really besides videos like this show the possibilities you have to recognize that if you kill somebody with your car, and are found at fault or even a severe injury you will be doing Jail time, and having to live with this in your self.

Be selfish don't put yourself in a position of being convicted. That alone realization certainly made me abide by the rules when I used to drive for a living.

oldos2er
December 5th, 2010, 07:29 AM
It's not about being real or what film is better, it's about the message and terrible waste the road toll is and the lives it is trying to save.

Sure; I wasn't intending to disparage this film.

Megaptera
December 5th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Needs to be shown, even if it only influences a few people who would "dare" then it's done good.

Rodney9
December 5th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Just shows Tired , Drugs – Prescription or Illegal, Alcohol, Fast and Inappropriate Slow Speed all KILL.

Take Care on the Roads This Holiday Season. Please.

Please

cammin
December 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM
i will play devils advocate hear. this doesn't save lives. all it does is make horror movies loike hostel seem tame. In all truth car technology and police work are what is responsible for saving lives.

This.

MooPi
December 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Some thirty years ago I was stumbling home from a fun late night out. My parents were waiting and I proceeded to get my tail chewed proper. What saved me from a longer tongue lashing was the horrendous sound of a wreck down the street. My dad and I ran to the end of the street to find literally pieces of a car separated by some 50 meters. We couldn't tell what kind of car because of the devastation. We stumbled across the body so mangled I didn't even recognize a classmate. He had been drinking and had a fight with his girl and anger and alcohol don't mix and he paid with his life that night. Needless to say my folks were just glad I showed up in one piece afterwards.

KiwiNZ
December 5th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I feel the following needs to be done...

1, lower the blood Alcohol limits to around 2%
2. Three strikes rule, that will get rid of recidivist offenders.
3. Increased taxation on Alcohol higher the percentage Alcohol higher the taxation.
4. If a driver under the influence of Alcohol causes death that is Murder minimum.
5. If a driver under the influence of Alcohol causes and accident that is attempted murder minimum.

With regards to street racing,

1. Three Strikes Rule.
2. Loss /non return of vehicle on each incident.
3. Street racing causing death is murder
4. Street racing injury is attempted murder.

cchhrriiss121212
December 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM
4. If a driver under the influence of Alcohol causes death that is Murder minimum.
5. If a driver under the influence of Alcohol causes and accident that is attempted murder minimum.

Murder is defined as the pre-planned act of killing another human. With that in mind, do you really think that every drunk driver is intending to kill someone?

cariboo
December 5th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Here in BC they have just tightened up the drinking and driving laws. The police can now issue an immediate roadside prohibition for a BAC of .05, the car will get impounded for anywhere from 3 to 30 days and costs related to the offence can range from $600-$4000. this doesn't include fines and points on their drivers license.

One of my nephews recently fell afoul of the new laws and was without his car for 30 days, and had his drivers license suspended for 90 days. He was fortunate that he didn't loose his job, as he needs a drivers license for his day to day work.

The laws on street racing have also been tighten up. If you are caught going 40Kph over the posted limit, your vehicle can be seized and sold. Shortly after the law was enacted, a Ferrari and a BMW were both seized and have since been sold at auction. The registered owner of the BMW received 40% of the proceeds, as he wasn't the driver, while the registered owner of the Ferrari only received 10% of the proceeds from the auction.

KiwiNZ
December 5th, 2010, 08:35 PM
The definition of murder can mean to Kill someone with premeditation or during the commission of a crime.
As driving with excess blood alcohol causing an accident is the commission of a crime then the causing of death can be considered murder.

CharlesA
December 5th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Murder is defined as the pre-planned act of killing another human. With that in mind, do you really think that every drunk driver is intending to kill someone?

That's premeditated murder. I think it's considered homicide.

But if you get behind the wheel after a night drinking and are driving while impaired, you deserve to at least get yer car impounded.

EDIT: Thanks Kiwi for clearing it up. :)

cchhrriiss121212
December 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
The definition of murder can mean to Kill someone with premeditation or during the commission of a crime.
As driving with excess blood alcohol causing an accident is the commission of a crime then the causing of death can be considered murder.
That's not the case where I live (England), but I see now other countries have different legal interpretations of murder. My mistake.

Back on topic: it is my opinion that automotive vehicles are too dangerous for most people when sober. The fatality/injury statistics are even worse in developing countries where safety infrastructure is overlooked in favour of the beneficial effect personal transport has on economic growth.
If cars were invented today, no government would consider them legal transport.

NMFTM
December 5th, 2010, 09:17 PM
wonder where the video for not standing on railways or stand too close to where trains are.
A friend of mine recently started working for Norfolk Southern and almost hit a teenage girl less than three months after he started his training. She was listening to to her MP3 player while walking on the tracks and must have jumped backwards at the last second to avoid being hit. He only realized that he didn't hit her until he looked into the rear view mirror. They told him the average train conductor will hit about seven people during a 30-40 year career.

RATM_Owns
December 5th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Well, that's five and a half minutes of my life wasted.

KiwiNZ
December 5th, 2010, 09:52 PM

That probably epitomizes the drink driving mentality and especially the recidivist drink driver mentality.:rolleyes:

Richard_T
December 5th, 2010, 11:27 PM
One year there was an accident in my village. There were 6 mates. They had all been drinking in a pub about 2 miles down the road. As they came into the village their car hit a really thick stone wall at a considerable speed. The 4 men in the back were killed, All died at the scene. The driver and front passenger survived. Having something like this happen in a small village can really brings home what being drunk behind the wheel can do.

3Miro
December 5th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I like Judge Judith's solution to drunk driving: take away the car, not the licence. Then don't care if the care belongs to that person or not, or even how much it costs. Just take it. In that way nobody will give a drunk driver the keys to his/her car and one can drive drunk only once (unless they are very rich).

Driving drink is no different than taking a gun and shooting a few rounds at random in the middle of a city. You may hit someone or you may not, either way, it should warrant huge fine and probably jail time. (and if you hit someone it is a murder/homicide)

Megaptera
December 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM

Glad I live nowhere near you with my young family ... unless of course you are teetotal & I've misunderstood?

julio_cortez
December 6th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Just consider that being aware of the drinking/driving issue is nowhere near enough to save your life: I for one have a work that often leads me to do 1000 kms per month, and of course I'm trying to follow the rules as much as possible even when I'm not at work..
Despite this, more or less a year and a half ago I nearly got hit by a car coming at least at the 150s, in the city (it was one of the avenues of the centre and they were travelling exactly in the middle of it), which didn't respect a stop sign (it was 3 AM and the semaphores were all turned off).
I've been lucky I saw it in the corner of the eye and managed to brake, otherwise it would have probably hit me.
So, you could teach yourself in every way that you shouldn't drink and drive, but it's not enough unfortunately.

This video tries to make people understand that drunk driving is a very dangerous issue, but the only way to have people really making up a different mind is make SURE that drunk drivers are punished accordingly.
So, bring on the controls (and make sure people that are caught drunk while driving don't see either a license or a car for a LOOOONG time).

nlsthzn
December 6th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Very thought provocative ad... hope it helps save some lives...

red_Marvin
December 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM
In all truth car technology and police work are what is responsible for saving lives.

But not putting lives at risk in the first place "saves" even more lives.